- Published on Monday, 27 December 2010 22:42
Former Zamfara State administrator, Lt. Colonel Jubril Bala Yakubu who was recently released from Kirikiri Prison was given a hero’s welcome yesterday at Lafia, Nasarawa State. Lt. Colonel Jubril Bala Yakubu, Former Lagos State Police Commissioner, James Danbaba were recently released from Kirikiri Prison.
Their release follows the rulings of a Lagos High Court presided over by Justice Muftau Olokoba that they should be released, after they, along with
- Published on Monday, 27 December 2010 22:06
Two persons have been arrested in the aftermath of the December 24 2010 multiple bomb blast that rocked, Jos, Plateau State in North Central Nigeria that left dozens of people wounded and killed at least 32. Police paraded the two suspects with explosive devices and bomb making liquids of some kind recovered from them.
This was announced as the Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshal Oluseyi Petinrin, visited the scene of bombing,
- Published on Monday, 27 December 2010 21:42
The former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Senator Mohammed Adamu Aliero has dumped the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and decamped to the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC). Aliero, who is the immediate past Governor of Kebbi state under the platform of the PDP, has withdrawn the nomination form he had earlier purchased to contest for Senate, and consequently asked the party leadership in the state
- Published on Monday, 27 December 2010 21:26
- Published on Monday, 27 December 2010 17:38
- Written by Mike Omeri
- Published on Monday, 27 December 2010 14:22
- Published on Monday, 27 December 2010 06:25
- Written by Augustine Ohanwe
- Published on Sunday, 26 December 2010 22:22
- Written by Administrator
- Published on Sunday, 26 December 2010 21:01
- Published on Sunday, 26 December 2010 14:21
- Written by Audu Garba
Alhaji Atiku Abubukar, the Turakin Adamawa has my complete sympathy at these trying times in his political career. That allegations of corruption are trailing his name from Nigeria to America to Dubai and European countries is no more news. The Latest twist to the Atiku saga is the allegation that he was actually dismissed from the Nigeria Customs Service as has been filed in the courts by Dr Bala Takaya.
- Published on Sunday, 26 December 2010 02:15
- Published on Sunday, 26 December 2010 02:07
- Published on Saturday, 25 December 2010 22:31
Elombah.com hereby decides to publish the document in our possession purportedly detailing President Goodluck Jonathan’s "strategy for winning 2011 election. It has been termed a “rigging manual" by some and purports to show how the Goodluck Jonathan/Namadi Sambo campaign organization plan to rig themselves to power starting for PDP primary to the Presidential election proper.
- Published on Saturday, 25 December 2010 14:28
- Written by Kay Odunaro
In Spirit of Yuletide Speaker Bankole Attend Church Service with Gov Daniel.....Daniel Commends Bankole On Leadership Of Reps.
In what could be the beginning of peace among political class in Ogun state and in the spirit of the season, the governor of Ogun State Otunba Gbenga Daniel has commended Rt. Hon Dimeji Bankole for his able leadership of the House of Representatives in this dispensation as well as
- Published on Saturday, 25 December 2010 13:14
- Written by Mohammed Dahiru Aminu
On Wednesday December 8, 2010, the Maiduguri-born Professor Emeritus of Community Medicine, Umaru Shehu clocked 80 years. By any definition, Umaru Shehu is a momentous exemplification of the human spirit. Being carefully-tended and well-grounded personality, Umaru Shehu is a popular name within the Nigerian academe, especially where the branch of medicine
- Published on Saturday, 25 December 2010 11:37
“Ever since I grew up to know what is bad and good, I have never seen a December without fuel scarcity and hiking of petroleum prices and other commodities. If President GEJ messes up, the whole world will complain, but when he does a good thing, nobody says anything. Naija, I hail oh!” - Oviebor Okeh Goodluck -
- Published on Saturday, 25 December 2010 09:20
- Written by Donald Ekpo
I just felt like doing an article that will have less to do with politics because I have noticed that in the recent days, most of the updates from my friends and that of friend’s friends have been shifting away from infuriated politics. I wouldn’t really say that am sure of the cause of this recent development as its reasons could be sundry. For one, the yuletide seasons could be assumed to be a factor or could it be that we are just being
- Published on Friday, 24 December 2010 20:56
- Written by Goodluck Jonathan
- Published on Friday, 24 December 2010 20:02
- Published on Friday, 24 December 2010 19:53
There are reports of five separate bomb explosions in Jos this evening. Some army personnel in charge of internal security were also shot at and wounded. There is no confirmation yet as to what actually happened and who were behind it. about 10 corpses have been reported from the blast and Jos University Teaching Hospital is reportedly still receiving casualties.
- Published on Friday, 24 December 2010 18:50
- Written by Amauche Ude
- Published on Thursday, 23 December 2010 20:32
An Abuja High Court on Thursday granted bail to an Iranian, Azim Aghajani, standing trial for alleged illegal arms importation into Nigeria on October 25 2010. Also granted bail today are Four Nigerians charged with stealing INEC direct data capture (DDC) machines at Murtalla International Airport. The four suspects - Lawal Lateef, Bamidele Joshua, Suleiman Isa and Modupe Sunmonu - were arrested on December 8 around Akowonjo area of Lagos, close to the Murtala Muhammed Interna-tional Airport (MMIA).
- Published on Thursday, 23 December 2010 20:00
By popular acclamation, All 501 the PDP delegates from the North-East Zone today endorsed President Goodluck Jonathan and VP Namadi Sambo for the 2011 presidential election. The motion was moved by Senator Jubril Aminu of Adamawa State. Earlier Monday, the governors of the North-Central geo-political zone, comprising of six states: Nassarawa, Plateau, Benue, Niger, Kwara and Kogi and their Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
- Published on Thursday, 23 December 2010 19:15
- Written by Daniel Elombah
On this day in history; 23 December 2001, Bola Ige was shot dead at his home in the south-western city of Ibadan. He had been entangled in squabbles within his Alliance for Democracy party in Osun State.
The previous week, the long-running feud between Osun state Governor Bisi Akande and his deputy, Iyiola Omisore, had apparently contributed to the death of an Osun State legislator, Odunayo Olagbaju.
- Published on Thursday, 23 December 2010 17:27
- Written by Vanguard
THE Ikemba Nnewi and Commander-in-Chief of the defunct Republic of Biafra, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, who was admitted at the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, UNTH Enugu following a cerebra-vascular accident otherwise called stroke last Sunday, was today flown to London, the United Kingdom aboard a German Air Ambulance.
He was airlifted from the Akanu Ibiam International Airport Enugu at 1.52 pm to United Kingdom by Flight Ambulance International of Germany hired by Anambra State Government.
- Published on Thursday, 23 December 2010 16:44
- Written by Paah Young
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Please support our efforts, DONATE!
TRIBUTES TO CHINUA ACHEBE
- Achebe as a parable to the Nigerian Nation
- Tribute to Chinua Achebe, By the President General of Ogidi Union, Nigeria
- Nigerians in Oxford Pay Tribute to Professor Chinua Achebe
- As Chinua Achebe joins the immortals
- Chinua Achebe (Ugonabo Ogidi ) Goes Home
- Chinua Achebe as Metaphor
- Wole Soyinka: my relationship with Chinua Achebe
- All set for Chinua Achebe's burial
- ACHEBE: The Nation’s Conscience-Gauge Takes the Final Bow
- CD urges UN, FG, Anambra to immortalize Prof. Achebe
- Senate of New York State USA passes resolution mourning Chinua Achebe
- Chinua Achebe: The Exit of a Legend!
- Achebeism: The Doctrine for a Renascent Nigeria
- Chinua Achebe as a Moral Standard – A Tribute
- Chinua Achebe—a Poet, Philosopher and Prophet
- On The Passing Of Professor Chinua Achebe (1930-2013)
- Governor Akpabio Mourns Chinua Achebe
- Hell cerebrates prayers & wishes for Chinua Achebe in death
- Chinua Achebe
- NGF Election: Akpabio denies voting...Mimiko is my successor - Obi
- Gov. Jonah Jang claims victory as Amaechi is re-elected Chairman of the Nigeria Governors Forum
- Governor Rotimi Amaechi's Speech After His Re-Election As Chairman Of Nigerian Governors Forum (NGF)
- Rotimi Amaechi wins re-election as chairman of governors forum
- Text Of Press Conference On The State Of The Nation By Network Of Islamic Organisations of Nigeria
- Second Suspect in London Woolwich Attack Named as Michael Adebowale
- Prof Wole Soyinka shuns Achebe's burial
- President Jonathan condemns terror attack in Britain
- Reuben Abati loses mum
- Nigerian, British Born terrorist attacker named as Michael Adebolajo
- Celebrate Achebe, not mourn, Ngige counsels Ogidi
- Catholic Bishops Condemn Violent Persecution of Nigerian Christians; Supports FG over Emergency Rule
- ACN says Kaduna Governor’s Peace and Reconciliation Committee is diversionary
- Minister's Letter to remove Gwandu from UN Job is contemptuous & illegal, says Falana
- Ecowas Peace Ambassador Urges Greater Empowerment Of The Youth
Place Adverts Here
Stone Age Homes, Abuja
Stone Age Homes, Abuja. Contact us for Blocks, Granites, Sharp sand, Interlocks, Security doors, Suspended ceilings, Door locks.
Address: Plot X, New Development site, Wuye, Abuja, FCT, Nigeria. Tel: +234 703 724 4447;Read more...
Do you Need a Lawyer?
VIDEO: Quick View
- Nigeria’s Northern Elders Will Soon Come Home To Roost!
- Text of Bishop of Umuahia's Sermon at the Episcopal Ordination of Rt. Rev. Peter Ebere Okpalaeke, Bishop-elect of Ahiara, Mbaise
- The Continued Suspension of Bauchi House Member and a Government that Feeds on our Flesh
- Massacre of Police Officers in Lafia; can the force be salvaged
- Tourism And Rural Development In Ogun: A Call To Rescue
- Federal Govt Clarifies Release Directive of Relatives and Wives of Boko Haram Suspects
- Report: 98th Kano State Executive Council Meeting
- Roche and Rochas exposed: Okorocha And His Scheme = Corruption!
- Jonathan's Minister sacks patriotic Nigerian from UN Job for exposing corruption
- Group petitions NHRC on Oil Block Controversy
Tweets by @Elombah
© Elombah.com | Site Maintenance by MDS