- Written by Elombah.com
A SOLICITOR who was one of the UK’s most wanted fraudsters when he jumped crown court bail has been jailed for a multi-million pound scam. Ajayi Seun, a PDP kingmaker in Ogun State, Nigeria was sentenced to four years’ imprisonment for his part in a mortgage fraud worth more than £5.5 million, and involving in excess of 35
Seun, 46, had pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud on the day his trial was due to begin, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
However, the alleged main perpetrator of the scam Samuel Ajiboye is currently on the run and is believed to have fled back to Nigeria.
The fraud centred on the Foxgrove Gardens development off Foxhall Road, on the former site of Bull Motors.
Sentencing Seun, of Carshalton, Surrey, Judge David Goodin said: “This was, on any construction, a massive fraud on lending institutions principally, but also on occasionally the deception of borrowers.”
The court heard more than £5m went through the client account of Doves solicitors in London, where Seun was a partner.
Fictitious identities were created and documents were forged to obtain the money from lenders.
However some real names were used and borrowers were also deceived as to their borrowing capacity by the inflation of their income or prospects, which were submitted to the lending institutions.
Judge Goodin said they were “stung badly”, and the lenders were “massively defrauded”.
He added: “You Ajayi Seun, were a key player in this conspiracy. Samuel Ajiboye was plainly at the centre, pulling the strings, taking - I have no doubt - the lion’s share in terms of profits out of the systematic dishonesty and fraudulent behaviour which characterised this conspiracy from start to finish.”
“He needed a dishonest solicitor to act for the unwitting or fictitious third party purchasers, and he found you.
“You are a disgrace and bring into disrepute your profession.”
Seun had skipped bail for a relatively short period of time, fleeing to Nigeria. In August last year Crimestoppers named him among the top ten most wanted fraudsters. He subsequently returned to England voluntarily to face the fraud charge.
Didi Jordan, 45, of Thornton Heath Surrey, and Janet Mukasa, 49, of Sittingbourne, Kent, were sentenced three years and two years imprisonment respectively after being convicted of conspiracy to defraud and money laundering.
- 2015: INEC has already rigged presidential poll for the North
- Obiano Is Enchanting Road of Infamy -Anambra Group
- Attacks on Jonathan: This Nonsense Must Stop - Warns the presidency
- Attention Pius Anyim: Before INEC Sets Nigeria on Fire
- Exclusive: How Aso Rock official swindled Chinese firm in a multi-billion naira fraud
- Breaking News! Nigeria national security adviser urges INEC to postpone elections
- Chibok Girls Kidnap: The Untold Story
- Photos: fleeing Boko Haram's war on Nigeria
- Exclusive: See Buhari's Academic Records
- APC Rejects PDP Denial of Fayose Advert
- Army disowns Buhari...Says we don't have any WASC certificate
- Questions That Must Be Answered By Owelle Rochas Okorocha
- General Buhari will soon make his school certificate public - Aide
- Breaking: Niger Deputy Governor, 200 Others Dump PDP for APC
- Breaking News! Federal Government Reduces Pump Price of Petrol
- President Jonathan, Cronies Steal 400,000 Barrels of Oil Daily - Tinubu
- Gov. Yero Caught On Tape Threatening Attack on El-Rufai, Supporters
- Ohanaeze in Secret Talks at Aso Villa, Endorses Jonathan for 2015
- Boko haram: International Troops Coming to fight Nigeria Terrorism
- Presidential Election: Chekwas Okorie Accepts Popular Demand to Serve
- The Many Sins Of President Jonathan
- Bayelsa investment Strategy and Governor Dickson
- Questions for President Jonathan as he visits Cross River
- The illusion of private prosperity and greatness
- The Leader Nigeria Needs
- Education and National Development: The Jonathan Example
- The gathering storm and the Nigerian state after 2015
- President Jonathan campaigns in Maiduguri, Borno State (with pix)
- Re: Prelate Samuel Chukwuemeka Uche -A Prelate for Hire
- Boko haram, 2015 Elections: Full Text of Dasuki Speech at Chatham House, London
- Did Brookings Really Predict a Jonathan Win?
- Church and State in the New Biafra
- Buhari needs to change!
- Great Ogboru’s mother people abandon him for Okowa
- PDP Has Never Won Election in Cross River
- Questions surrounding Buhari certificate explained
- Prelate Samuel Chukwuemeka Uche: A Prelate For Hire
- Before the Election: An Open Letter to President Jonathan
- 7 reasons Buhari certificate is a fraud!
- Born-to-Rule: Buhari's Malaise or Manifestation of Greed by Politicians?
- Cristiano Ronaldo wins Ballon d’Or over Lionel Messi & Manuel Neuer
- Tennis champion Serena Williams says coffee helped her beat Pennetta
- Steven Ukoh to play for Nigeria, ditches Switzerland
- David Beckham Son Receives Special Protection During Arsenal Youth Matches
- Heat Spoil James Return, Beating Cavaliers 101-91
- Amir Khan Gives Alexander Boxing Lesson
- LeBron James’ Principled Stance against Injustice
- Fawole John Oyeyemi: Nigeria Modern Archetype Of Chess
- World Strongest Footballer Never Played for Nigeria
- NFF Appeals Committee Nullifies Pinnick’s Election
- Boxing: Crawford Dominates Beltran
- Fury Stops Chisora in 10th Round
- Siasia’s Olympic team to face Gabon
- FA Cup Final: Gov Orji Congratulates Enyimba for Defeating Dolphins
- Boxing: Pacquaio faces Algieri
- Nigeria 2- 2 South Africa: Nigeria out of Nations Cup
- Klitschko KOs Pulev In Fifth Round
- President Jonathan applauds Super Eagles win over Congo
- Nigeria Wallops Congo 2-0 in AFCON Qualifier
- Bulgarian Pulev Hopes To End Klitschko’s Reign
- 2015: Supporters of violence will be denied US visas -Kerry
- US Kerry arrives Nigeria amid tensions over polls, Boko Haram
- ECOWAS hands over military assets to Guinea Bissau govt
- Cameroon raid frees German hostage held by Boko Haram
- 2015 Predictions: Doomsday Clock Tick to World War 3?
- Nigerias' fight against Boko Haram hampered by 'cowards' -Dasuki
- Nigeria election tensions raise specter of break-up
- Buhari Secretly Executed 40 Coup Plotters in 1984 - New York Times
- Jonathan Favored To Win February Polls -Brookings Institute
- Doctor fatally shot inside hospital; gunman kills himself
- IS executing 'educated women' in new wave of horror -UN
- Boko haram kidnaps 80 girls in Cameroon
- Cameroonians Throw Pastor, 9 Other Nigerians Overboard Boat
- France Sends Aircraft Carrier to Chase Down ISIS in Iraq
- Why Obama Boycotted France's Terror March