- Written by Elombah.com
A SOLICITOR who was one of the UK’s most wanted fraudsters when he jumped crown court bail has been jailed for a multi-million pound scam. Ajayi Seun, a PDP kingmaker in Ogun State, Nigeria was sentenced to four years’ imprisonment for his part in a mortgage fraud worth more than £5.5 million, and involving in excess of 35
Seun, 46, had pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud on the day his trial was due to begin, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
However, the alleged main perpetrator of the scam Samuel Ajiboye is currently on the run and is believed to have fled back to Nigeria.
The fraud centred on the Foxgrove Gardens development off Foxhall Road, on the former site of Bull Motors.
Sentencing Seun, of Carshalton, Surrey, Judge David Goodin said: “This was, on any construction, a massive fraud on lending institutions principally, but also on occasionally the deception of borrowers.”
The court heard more than £5m went through the client account of Doves solicitors in London, where Seun was a partner.
Fictitious identities were created and documents were forged to obtain the money from lenders.
However some real names were used and borrowers were also deceived as to their borrowing capacity by the inflation of their income or prospects, which were submitted to the lending institutions.
Judge Goodin said they were “stung badly”, and the lenders were “massively defrauded”.
He added: “You Ajayi Seun, were a key player in this conspiracy. Samuel Ajiboye was plainly at the centre, pulling the strings, taking - I have no doubt - the lion’s share in terms of profits out of the systematic dishonesty and fraudulent behaviour which characterised this conspiracy from start to finish.”
“He needed a dishonest solicitor to act for the unwitting or fictitious third party purchasers, and he found you.
“You are a disgrace and bring into disrepute your profession.”
Seun had skipped bail for a relatively short period of time, fleeing to Nigeria. In August last year Crimestoppers named him among the top ten most wanted fraudsters. He subsequently returned to England voluntarily to face the fraud charge.
Didi Jordan, 45, of Thornton Heath Surrey, and Janet Mukasa, 49, of Sittingbourne, Kent, were sentenced three years and two years imprisonment respectively after being convicted of conspiracy to defraud and money laundering.
- Nigeria's Ex-Chief Justice's Son that Joined Isis, Took Wives and Children Along
- Tinubu's alleged Illicit properties: beyond the threat of lawsuit [Photos]
- Nigeria Stops Chad From Wiping Out Boko Haram before polls
- Harvest of Spies: Boko Haram Releases New Video, Beheads Two Men ISIS Style
- Lawyers Sue INEC over Missing PVCs in Lagos
- Boko Haram: Hunters kill suicide bomber
- How Edo Pastors Shared N7bn Jonathan Largesse to CAN - APC
- Teenage girl accused of being suicide bomber brutally killed in Bauchi
- Breaking News! Jonathan challenges Buhari to a debate at Chatham House
- Boko Haram: The Plight of Internally Displaced Persons in Lagos
- Tinubu compelled Osinbajo to take oath of resignation after 6 months as VP -PDP
- Update: Ebonyi HA Serves Impeachment Notice to Gov Elechi
- Photonews: President Jonathan Tours Boko Haram Flashpoints in 3 States
- Jega to receive notice of terminal leave next week - APC
- Boko haram: Army chief says war is almost over
- President Jonathan defies critics ahead of Nigeria polls - Financial Times
- Deadly Explosion rips through Bus, kills 10 on outskirts of Potiskum
- Fleeing Boko Haram Calls For Ceasefire
- Bizarre! 7yrs Old Suicide Bomber Blows Self in Potiskum
- Inside Story Of Missing $20bn - NNPC
- Why re-electing Goodluck Jonathan is sine qua non for Nigeria
- Photos of Buhari Back in Nigeria This Morning
- APC and Jega: Between six and half a dozen
- Open letter to that ideal prospective leader
- Scantily Dressed Girl Arouses President Jonathan
- Namibian Pohamba Shattered the Jinx
- Governor Akpabio, Supporting Your Stooge Is Not By Force
- Of Jega and Mob Hysteria - By Olusegun Adeniyi
- Fuelling Troubles for Jonathan - By Olusegun Adeniyi
- State Of The Nation: Dangers As Nigeria Slips Into Austerity
- Nigerian youths, Where lay the Spirit of Class Struggle?
- Is Robert Mugabe's Fall Symbolic?
- How to Reduce Dog Smell in Your Car and Home
- When Aba Stood Still For Emeka Ihedioha
- What are the Nigerian elections about?
- Re-elect Jonathan for United Nigeria: Shagari's Alleged Letter to Buhari
- ANTV, Africa's First Global Television - Now Showing Around the World
- Netanyahu does not respect President Obama
- 2015 General Election and Politics of Oil Block
- Paying for APC's Campaign Promises
- Flying Eagles Jets Off to Senegal for AYC
- Arsenal chief wants to sack Arsene Wenger and hire Thierry Henry as manager
- Why Mario Balotelli MUST be in the Liverpool line-up against Manchester City this afternoon
- Keshi Says Nigeria Offered Him 'Slave contract'
- Mayweather Vs Pacquiao: The Fight of the Century
- Shocking Video: Racist Chelsea Fans Push Black Man Out of a Moving Train In Paris
- Kanu Nwankwo voted 13th greatest Arsenal player
- Cote D'ivorie Wins African Cup of Nations
- AFCON 2015 Final: Cote d’Ivoire vs Ghana
- AFCON 2015: Ouedraogo commends teams ECOWAS
- Chelsea draw Man City 1-1, remain five points clear
- Breaking News: Former Eagles goalkeeper Agbonivbare is dead
- Cristiano Ronaldo wins Ballon d’Or over Lionel Messi & Manuel Neuer
- Tennis champion Serena Williams says coffee helped her beat Pennetta
- Steven Ukoh to play for Nigeria, ditches Switzerland
- David Beckham Son Receives Special Protection During Arsenal Youth Matches
- Heat Spoil James Return, Beating Cavaliers 101-91
- Amir Khan Gives Alexander Boxing Lesson
- LeBron James’ Principled Stance against Injustice
- Fawole John Oyeyemi: Nigeria Modern Archetype Of Chess
- US Envoy to South Korea Slashed with knife on the Face, Hand
- ECOWAS Commission President Visits UNESCO
- West African Police Challenged On ECOWAS Vision 2020
- Surrender or face death, Chad president tells Boko Haram leader
- ECOWAS Institutes another Award at FESPACO
- ISIS Releases 19 Assyrian Christian Hostages
- US 4-Star General Brought Down by a Woman to Plead Guilty
- Hundreds Killed as Chad Forces Seize Northeast Nigerian Town
- Cameroon, Chad Team Up to Crush Boko Haram
- ECOWAS Declaration on Mali Peace Accord
- S Africa Repatriates Anti-Apartheid Heroes' Remains from Russia
- Sierra Leone’s vice president in quarantine for Ebola
- Thousands Protest in Cameroon over Boko Haram, as Fighting Intensifies
- Picture of IS Axe Man 'Jihadi John' as Student Shown
- Russian opposition leader Nemtsov shot dead in Moscow