- By Elombah.com
A SOLICITOR who was one of the UK’s most wanted fraudsters when he jumped crown court bail has been jailed for a multi-million pound scam. Ajayi Seun, a PDP kingmaker in Ogun State, Nigeria was sentenced to four years’ imprisonment for his part in a mortgage fraud worth more than £5.5 million, and involving in excess of 35
Seun, 46, had pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud on the day his trial was due to begin, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
However, the alleged main perpetrator of the scam Samuel Ajiboye is currently on the run and is believed to have fled back to Nigeria.
The fraud centred on the Foxgrove Gardens development off Foxhall Road, on the former site of Bull Motors.
Sentencing Seun, of Carshalton, Surrey, Judge David Goodin said: “This was, on any construction, a massive fraud on lending institutions principally, but also on occasionally the deception of borrowers.”
The court heard more than £5m went through the client account of Doves solicitors in London, where Seun was a partner.
Fictitious identities were created and documents were forged to obtain the money from lenders.
However some real names were used and borrowers were also deceived as to their borrowing capacity by the inflation of their income or prospects, which were submitted to the lending institutions.
Judge Goodin said they were “stung badly”, and the lenders were “massively defrauded”.
He added: “You Ajayi Seun, were a key player in this conspiracy. Samuel Ajiboye was plainly at the centre, pulling the strings, taking - I have no doubt - the lion’s share in terms of profits out of the systematic dishonesty and fraudulent behaviour which characterised this conspiracy from start to finish.”
“He needed a dishonest solicitor to act for the unwitting or fictitious third party purchasers, and he found you.
“You are a disgrace and bring into disrepute your profession.”
Seun had skipped bail for a relatively short period of time, fleeing to Nigeria. In August last year Crimestoppers named him among the top ten most wanted fraudsters. He subsequently returned to England voluntarily to face the fraud charge.
Didi Jordan, 45, of Thornton Heath Surrey, and Janet Mukasa, 49, of Sittingbourne, Kent, were sentenced three years and two years imprisonment respectively after being convicted of conspiracy to defraud and money laundering.
- Yet Again, Bomb Blast Hits NNPC Mega Station in Kano
- If Buhari Was Killed By Assassins; Nigeria Would Have Been In Turmoil – Jonathan
- Court of Appeal affirms Gov. Obiano’s election
- Boko Haram Kidnaps Cameroon Vice Prime Minister’s Wife
- Genocide Averted in Kano Mosque as Police Discovers Bomb
- 5 Die As Catholic Church Got Bombed in Sabon-Gari, Kano
- Omisore Absent At Osun Governorship Election Debate
- BREAKING NEWS: Fresh Bomb Blast Hits Kano Again!
- BREAKING NEWS: Bomb Hits Kaduna, 25 Dead
- Chibok: 11 parents of Nigeria's abducted girls die
- Nyako Was impeached because unable to pay Lawmakers N20 Billion - APC
- Where is the 200m released for Lead Poisoning Treatment in Zamfara
- Serial Killings of Muslims of Ngoshe, Chikide, Gavva, Agapalawa Villages in Borno State
- Boko Haram Takes Control of Damboa Town in Borno, Hoists Flag
- Ex Adamawa Governor, Nyako Flees Nigeria
- Security: tracking online activities for cyber terrorism, espionage, int'l crime
- Tobacco Smoking Bill: Memo Submitted by Environmental Groups
- BRICS establish $100bn bank and currency pool to cut out Western dominance
- What Happened To 5.1 Billion Naira Owerri North Council Funds?
- BREAKING NEWS: Governor Murtala Nyako Impeached!
- Olabode Simeon’s Alleged Death Threat, A Ruse - LP
- Ado Bayero Mall press statement
- President Jonathan Condemns Terror Attacks in Kano, Adamawa and Cameroon
- As the NMA Strike Lingers: The Eyes of MEDUSA
- The Shame Called Akwa Ibom Broadcasting Corporation
- Nigeria Will Overcome Its Present Challenges-Tinubu
- Zaria Massacre: CEDRA Petitions Nat'l Human Rights Commission
- 2014 National Conference Postponement of Resumption Date
- Gov Akpabio Plan Killings: How Much Longer Mr President?
- Sallah Greetings: We Must Recommit Ourselves to National Unity, Peace and Progress
- 'Iyiola Omisore is a Moron' - Osun APC
- Asari Dokubo's Statement on the Attack on Buhari Is Callous
- Introspect, Osun Indigenes (Osun Ronu)
- Deputy Speaker to Nigerians: Pray for End to Insurgency
- Tinubu’s Contributions to Democracy in Nigeria - Idowu Ajanaku
- Group Condemns PDP Candidates’ Absence at Debate
- Bamidele Aturu, My Mentor and Leader, a Rare National Treasure
- As Omisore Evades Debate, What Next For Him?
- Aturu: the Patriot Who Lived His Vision and Mission - A Tribute
- World Igbo Congress (2012-2014); the State of the Union
- Ahmed Musa Inspires CSKA Moscow to Sixth Super Cup Title
- Golovkin Spectacularly Stops Daniel Geale
- Golovkin: Knockout Champion Defends Title against Daniel Geale
- Embattled NFF President Aminu Maigari Sacked Over Financial Misappropriation
- French Star, Evra Completes Juve Move
- Chisora Opts out of Tyson Fury Saturday Bout
- I am still in the National Team – Enyeama
- Bolt, Farah, Wiggins and Fraser for Glasgow Commonwealth
- Nigeria striker rejected by keshi, signed for club record fee
- Manny Pacquiao Announces Fight with Algieri
- Louis van Gaal Starts Work at Manchester United
- Battle of Ogwumikes: Elder Nneka Prevails Over Chinyere in Historic Matchup
- Maradona, Blatter Disagree with Messi best-player award
- Scolari 'sacked' as Brazil manager after World Cup failure
- Germany Wins the World Cup!
- World Cup Finals Preview: Argentina vs. Germany
- Alvarez Survives Attrition War with Determined Lara
- Suarez Confirms Barcelona Move
- World Cup Third–place preview: Brazil vs Netherlands
- 200 Ghanaian Fans seek Religious Asylum in Brazil
- Boko Haram clashes with Cameroon soldiers in cross-border attacks
- Lagos massage parlours where sex is ‘after-service’ bonus - Punch
- Nigeria’s 419 Scammers Trade Up to Info-Stealing Trojan Attacks
- Nigeria Attractive to Investors Despite Challenges, Says Aganga
- Pro-Russian rebels plan to sabotage investigation into Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 crash
- Kim Kardashian sex tape star Ray J charged with 10 crimes
- Tulisa Drug Trial Collapse: 'Fake Sheikh' Suspended
- Facebook banned these Women's Rowing Team's Naked Calendar
- US Court awards $23 billion punitive damages against major cigarette company
- Bolt, Farah, Wiggins and Fraser for Glasgow Commonwealth
- Bizarre: Boy, 9, marries 62-year-old woman for second time
- Disgusting! Looters Stole Cash, Credit Cards, and Jewelry from Flight MH17 Crash Victims
- Appeal court overturns Berlusconi convictions in underage sex case
- Malaysian plane crashes in Ukraine: BBC updates
- Tulisa supplied cocaine after she was offered Hollywood film role