- Written by Elombah.com
A SOLICITOR who was one of the UK’s most wanted fraudsters when he jumped crown court bail has been jailed for a multi-million pound scam. Ajayi Seun, a PDP kingmaker in Ogun State, Nigeria was sentenced to four years’ imprisonment for his part in a mortgage fraud worth more than £5.5 million, and involving in excess of 35
Seun, 46, had pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud on the day his trial was due to begin, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
However, the alleged main perpetrator of the scam Samuel Ajiboye is currently on the run and is believed to have fled back to Nigeria.
The fraud centred on the Foxgrove Gardens development off Foxhall Road, on the former site of Bull Motors.
Sentencing Seun, of Carshalton, Surrey, Judge David Goodin said: “This was, on any construction, a massive fraud on lending institutions principally, but also on occasionally the deception of borrowers.”
The court heard more than £5m went through the client account of Doves solicitors in London, where Seun was a partner.
Fictitious identities were created and documents were forged to obtain the money from lenders.
However some real names were used and borrowers were also deceived as to their borrowing capacity by the inflation of their income or prospects, which were submitted to the lending institutions.
Judge Goodin said they were “stung badly”, and the lenders were “massively defrauded”.
He added: “You Ajayi Seun, were a key player in this conspiracy. Samuel Ajiboye was plainly at the centre, pulling the strings, taking - I have no doubt - the lion’s share in terms of profits out of the systematic dishonesty and fraudulent behaviour which characterised this conspiracy from start to finish.”
“He needed a dishonest solicitor to act for the unwitting or fictitious third party purchasers, and he found you.
“You are a disgrace and bring into disrepute your profession.”
Seun had skipped bail for a relatively short period of time, fleeing to Nigeria. In August last year Crimestoppers named him among the top ten most wanted fraudsters. He subsequently returned to England voluntarily to face the fraud charge.
Didi Jordan, 45, of Thornton Heath Surrey, and Janet Mukasa, 49, of Sittingbourne, Kent, were sentenced three years and two years imprisonment respectively after being convicted of conspiracy to defraud and money laundering.
- Boko Haram Kills 33, Abducts 200 women and children in Borno
- Umeh, Obiano overrules Ojukwus' wife at APGA Convention
- Obiano Awards all Roads in His Hometown, Sacks Accountant General
- Buhari Announces Osibanjo as Running Mate
- The Rivers Amaechi Will not Show You! [In pictures]
- Time to feature more women in politics
- Why Uwajumogu and Okorocha are Still Keeping Activist Iwuoha in Jail
- Osibanjo Clinches Buhari's Running Mate
- 33 Reasons Why Southerners are Fools
- The Buhari PTF Days: The Untold Story
- Yakubu Gowon @ 80: Burden of Genocide
- 2015: Between Jonathan and Buhari -who is the lesser evil?
- Breaking News: Fresh Twin Explosions Rock Jos
- [Update] Buhari wins APC nomination for 2015 presidential election
- PDP Ratifies Jonathan as Candidate, Sambo as Vice-President
- Austerity: Obiano in N300M Burial Bazaar
- BREAKING NEWS: Bomb Blast Hits Kano Again
- Obasanjo in new book hammers Jonathan, Atiku, Yar'adua
- EXCLUSIVE: Eyewitness Account of Aftermath of Insurgency in Adamawa
- Revealed: why Uduaghan abadoned senatorial ambition, the Ibori, Clark connection
- The Gov Fashola -Chekwas Okorie Interface
- Muhammadu Buharis Last Card
- Worshipping The False Messiahs Of Nigeria
- This is General Muhammad Buhari (Rtd)
- Victor Umeh Plots for Third Term
- Ibadan People Do Not Serve the Same Leader Twice?
- Debunking the Born to Rule Myth
- Governor Okorochas' Chief of Staff is a common thief
- Give It to Tinubu; He Knows His Onions
- Saraki Congratulates Osibanjo; Commends Tinubu
- Why the Core North Will/Must Fail: Arewa 2015 Agenda
- Buhari, the Rotimi Amaechi Fiasco
- Obasanjo Must Leave Nigeria Alone
- Dr. Alex Otti - The Change Abia State Is Yearning For In 2015
- Caliphate Colonialism -The taproot of the trouble with Nigeria
- Season of letters: Governor Okorocha as a case study
- 2015: Sai Buhari!
- Buhari and APC Under Test
- Re: A Stitch in Time Saves Nine/an Appeal for Fairplay and Justice
- Buhari: Age Does Matter
- Amir Khan Gives Alexander Boxing Lesson
- LeBron James’ Principled Stance against Injustice
- Fawole John Oyeyemi: Nigeria Modern Archetype Of Chess
- World Strongest Footballer Never Played for Nigeria
- NFF Appeals Committee Nullifies Pinnick’s Election
- Boxing: Crawford Dominates Beltran
- Fury Stops Chisora in 10th Round
- Siasia’s Olympic team to face Gabon
- FA Cup Final: Gov Orji Congratulates Enyimba for Defeating Dolphins
- Boxing: Pacquaio faces Algieri
- Nigeria 2- 2 South Africa: Nigeria out of Nations Cup
- Klitschko KOs Pulev In Fifth Round
- President Jonathan applauds Super Eagles win over Congo
- Nigeria Wallops Congo 2-0 in AFCON Qualifier
- Bulgarian Pulev Hopes To End Klitschko’s Reign
- Equatorial Guinea to Host AFCON 2015
- Super Eagles Off to Congo for Do-or-Die Match
- Kovalev May Have Retired Hopkins With Resounding Victory
- Bernard Hopkins: Champ Testing Time Against Sergey Kovalev
- New York Knicks Spoil Lebron James’ Homecoming Party
- BOAD to provide loans involving XOF1,100b over five years
- AfrAsia Bank attracts significant shareholding from NBC
- Research reveals GCC trade with Africa on the rise
- How the US provides inspiration for terrorists groups like ISIS
- Orange and USAID join forces to boost mHealth innovations across Africa
- ECOWAS council session holds against the backdrop of progress
- $35m grant from King Abdallah fight Ebola in WA
- Powering Africa to advance Africa power industries
- AFRICA: Optimism and opportunity abounds
- Beckam and Son in Car Accident
- George Weah: The missing link in Liberian senate
- First Francophonie Economic Forum
- Tanzania refute claims to evict Maasai from Ngorongoro
- West Africa King of Impunity!
- Bandits steal suspected Ebola blood in Guinea