- By Elombah.com
A SOLICITOR who was one of the UK’s most wanted fraudsters when he jumped crown court bail has been jailed for a multi-million pound scam. Ajayi Seun, a PDP kingmaker in Ogun State, Nigeria was sentenced to four years’ imprisonment for his part in a mortgage fraud worth more than £5.5 million, and involving in excess of 35
Seun, 46, had pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud on the day his trial was due to begin, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
However, the alleged main perpetrator of the scam Samuel Ajiboye is currently on the run and is believed to have fled back to Nigeria.
The fraud centred on the Foxgrove Gardens development off Foxhall Road, on the former site of Bull Motors.
Sentencing Seun, of Carshalton, Surrey, Judge David Goodin said: “This was, on any construction, a massive fraud on lending institutions principally, but also on occasionally the deception of borrowers.”
The court heard more than £5m went through the client account of Doves solicitors in London, where Seun was a partner.
Fictitious identities were created and documents were forged to obtain the money from lenders.
However some real names were used and borrowers were also deceived as to their borrowing capacity by the inflation of their income or prospects, which were submitted to the lending institutions.
Judge Goodin said they were “stung badly”, and the lenders were “massively defrauded”.
He added: “You Ajayi Seun, were a key player in this conspiracy. Samuel Ajiboye was plainly at the centre, pulling the strings, taking - I have no doubt - the lion’s share in terms of profits out of the systematic dishonesty and fraudulent behaviour which characterised this conspiracy from start to finish.”
“He needed a dishonest solicitor to act for the unwitting or fictitious third party purchasers, and he found you.
“You are a disgrace and bring into disrepute your profession.”
Seun had skipped bail for a relatively short period of time, fleeing to Nigeria. In August last year Crimestoppers named him among the top ten most wanted fraudsters. He subsequently returned to England voluntarily to face the fraud charge.
Didi Jordan, 45, of Thornton Heath Surrey, and Janet Mukasa, 49, of Sittingbourne, Kent, were sentenced three years and two years imprisonment respectively after being convicted of conspiracy to defraud and money laundering.
- Labaran Maku Vows to Become Nasarawa State Governor in 2015
- El Rufai ridicules Ribadu's return to PDP
- BREAKING: Lagos Confirms Five New Ebola Cases
- Mutiny! We will Not Fight Boko Haram – Soldiers
- BREAKING NEWS! Ebola Kills a Doctor that Attended to Sawyer
- Bauchi Governor ‘Bribes’ PDP Chairman with N2 Billion House for Senatorial Ambition
- How Umeh and Willie Obiano Chased Peter Obi Out of Apga
- BREAKING NEWS: Peter Obi resigns as BOT Chairman and APGA Leader
- Confirmed Cases Still 10, 4 Now Dead, No Ebola in Enugu, all Cases in Lagos
- Dramatic Proceeding at Enugu Impeachment Panel on 14/08/14
- You killed Obiano's former wife for him to marry you - Uche Ekwunife to Obiano's wife
- Ebola: Nurse Justina Obi Who Had Contact With Sawyer Dies in Lagos
- Northern Delegates Forum Rejects Confab Report
- The Looting of Anambra: Gov Obiano Takes Nepotism to High Heavens
- Ebola Kills ECOWAS Staff at Lagos Liaison Office
- Governor Akpabio, 2015, and the Fallacy Of Imposition
- The Anambra Fraud: Gov Obiano Begins Payment of N5.6 Billion to Umeh
- Enugu Impeachment: Summary of Proceedings
- BREAKING NEWS: INEC Declares Aregbesola Winner in Osun Guber Elections!
- Questions about Ebola, a More Lethal Form of Aids Virus
- Is Willie Obiano Paying the Price for Purposeful Leadership?
- Obiano Bashers and the Limit of Social Media Rascality
- Re: SSS Secret Memo Sent To Commissioner of Police Zamfara State
- 2015: Hypocrisy of Al-Makura to Divide the Alago Nation
- Re: I will Decamp When the Devil Repents and Converts to Islam
- Corruption: "Wike Knows the Face in the Mirror" - Comm for Health
- Welcome to Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport, Owerri!
- Anambra Drones - DSS Warns Obiano
- Of APGA and Rancorous Turncoats
- And Now, A Deep Cut From Mister Ebola!
- Be Warned: Ribadu Will Destroy PDP in Adamawa
- Imo State Government and Crisis in Ohaji/Egbema
- Ribadu Got It Wrong on Governor Amaechi —Rivers APC
- Random Party Switch: the Nuhu Ribadu Phenomenon; A Rejoinder
- Random Party Switch: the Nuhu Ribadu Phenomenon
- CVR & PVC: Intersociety Gives Thumb-up to INEC
- Imagine Abia State without Orji Uzor Kalu!
- Victor Umeh Is the Problem with APGA
- Missing $49.8bn Oil Money: Saraki And His Da Vinci Code?
- APC Demands Explanation from Obiano on ‘Eavesdropping’
- Fifa Rejects Barcelona FC Transfer Ban Appeal
- Suarez Unveiled at Barcelona FC; Promises Not to Bite Again
- AFCON Qualifier List: Osaze, Moses, Ideye Left Out
- Spanish Super Cup Preview: Real Madrid vs. Atletico Madrid
- England Kell Brook Stuns Shawn Porter, Wins Title
- Van Gaal Loses Debut Premiership Home Game at Old Trafford
- Keshi’s Passing Grade Needed In Other Sectors
- Nigeria Climbs a Step in the New FIFA Ranking
- Boxing: Fury and Chisora Get New Rematch Date
- Wayne Rooney Named New Manchester United Captain
- Ronaldo’s Brace Earns Real Super Cup Win
- Howard Webb Retires As Match Referee; Appointed Technical Director
- Chelsea Humbled 3-0 in Germany
- Sergey kovalev Stops Caperello, Fights Bernard Hopkins Next
- Delta to secure US scholarship for Ese Brume
- Stephen Keshi Trashes N7m Contract Reports
- 26 State FA Chairmen Reinstate Aminu Maigari
- Everton Buys Romelu Lukaku
- Team Nigeria on a Gold Rush in Glasgow
- Spanish Court to Continue Tax Fraud Case against Lionel Messi
- Boko Haram clashes with Cameroon soldiers in cross-border attacks
- Lagos massage parlours where sex is ‘after-service’ bonus - Punch
- Nigeria’s 419 Scammers Trade Up to Info-Stealing Trojan Attacks
- Nigeria Attractive to Investors Despite Challenges, Says Aganga
- Pro-Russian rebels plan to sabotage investigation into Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 crash
- Kim Kardashian sex tape star Ray J charged with 10 crimes
- Tulisa Drug Trial Collapse: 'Fake Sheikh' Suspended
- Facebook banned these Women's Rowing Team's Naked Calendar
- US Court awards $23 billion punitive damages against major cigarette company
- Bolt, Farah, Wiggins and Fraser for Glasgow Commonwealth
- Bizarre: Boy, 9, marries 62-year-old woman for second time
- Disgusting! Looters Stole Cash, Credit Cards, and Jewelry from Flight MH17 Crash Victims
- Appeal court overturns Berlusconi convictions in underage sex case
- Malaysian plane crashes in Ukraine: BBC updates
- Tulisa supplied cocaine after she was offered Hollywood film role