- Written by Elombah.com
A SOLICITOR who was one of the UK’s most wanted fraudsters when he jumped crown court bail has been jailed for a multi-million pound scam. Ajayi Seun, a PDP kingmaker in Ogun State, Nigeria was sentenced to four years’ imprisonment for his part in a mortgage fraud worth more than £5.5 million, and involving in excess of 35
Seun, 46, had pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud on the day his trial was due to begin, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
However, the alleged main perpetrator of the scam Samuel Ajiboye is currently on the run and is believed to have fled back to Nigeria.
The fraud centred on the Foxgrove Gardens development off Foxhall Road, on the former site of Bull Motors.
Sentencing Seun, of Carshalton, Surrey, Judge David Goodin said: “This was, on any construction, a massive fraud on lending institutions principally, but also on occasionally the deception of borrowers.”
The court heard more than £5m went through the client account of Doves solicitors in London, where Seun was a partner.
Fictitious identities were created and documents were forged to obtain the money from lenders.
However some real names were used and borrowers were also deceived as to their borrowing capacity by the inflation of their income or prospects, which were submitted to the lending institutions.
Judge Goodin said they were “stung badly”, and the lenders were “massively defrauded”.
He added: “You Ajayi Seun, were a key player in this conspiracy. Samuel Ajiboye was plainly at the centre, pulling the strings, taking - I have no doubt - the lion’s share in terms of profits out of the systematic dishonesty and fraudulent behaviour which characterised this conspiracy from start to finish.”
“He needed a dishonest solicitor to act for the unwitting or fictitious third party purchasers, and he found you.
“You are a disgrace and bring into disrepute your profession.”
Seun had skipped bail for a relatively short period of time, fleeing to Nigeria. In August last year Crimestoppers named him among the top ten most wanted fraudsters. He subsequently returned to England voluntarily to face the fraud charge.
Didi Jordan, 45, of Thornton Heath Surrey, and Janet Mukasa, 49, of Sittingbourne, Kent, were sentenced three years and two years imprisonment respectively after being convicted of conspiracy to defraud and money laundering.
- Okene Radio Station Bombed by Assailants, Five Dead
- Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Has Ties to a Heroin Trafficking Ring - US Newspaper
- [UPDATE]: Ondo State Deputy Governor Impeached
- Memo to Buhari: Strategic Policy Instruments to Boost Research & Development In Nigeria, Improve National Innovation
- INEC Declares Ikpeazu, Okorocha Winners of Abia, Imo Guber Elections
- [UPDATED]: Texas-based Igbo killer doctor indicted by medical board, faces license revocation
- The Death Zone Called University Of Uyo Teaching Hospital
- Boko Haram Releases images as part of ISIS, as troops withdraw from Sambisa
- Why The Oil Cabals are after Me - Deziani Allison Madueke
- Breaking: Gunmen Kill El-Rufai's Campaign Coordinator
- President Jonathan Sacks Suleiman Abba, Appoints Arase As Acting Igp
- Peter Obi in South-Africa, Condemns Xenophobic Attacks
- Dr Angela Uwakwem, MD FMC Owerri, Looter and goddess of Corruption
- Happening Now: Group Shuts Down MTN in Benin over Xenophobic Attacks
- Tension in Unizik as Productivity Bonus Tears Staff Apart
- We will Punish PDP Looters and Acts of Lawlessness - Buhari
- Jonathan Blows hot, demands N2trn election funds refund
- APC Finally Unveils their Northern Agenda
- Obiano: The Face of Wickedness, by Joe Martins Uzodike
- Governor Okorocha and Islamization of Imo State... why Okorocha must go
- Still on xenophobic attacks in South Africa, by Olalekan Adigun
- An open letter to APC, by Joe Igbokwe
- Another approach to the South African attacks, by Bola Ahmed Tinubu
- South Africa, Get It Right: It Was Mandela Who Failed You, Not Black Immigrants
- Tinubu Is Diezani’s Confidence, by Dr. Kolawole Kayode
- On Sahara Reporters and who will guard the Guardians? By Igboeli Arinze
- 2015 Elections: PDP, APC and the Social Contract with Nigerians, by Peter Claver Oparah
- Character Assassins On The Prowl: Who Is Afraid Of Bashir Gwandu?
- APC, INEC Robbed Me of Victory - Ihedioha
- Mr. Buhari must look for outsiders or else… by Prince Charles Dickson
- Response to Subomi Plumptre: Your church-shift and a slippery slope
- Rotimi Amaechi, Festus Odimegwu, Ogbonnaya Onu, make Buhari's Transition Committee
- PDP's Ishaku Declared Winner of Taraba Polls
- World Veterinary Day 2015: Celebrating Nobility, by Marzuq Ungogo
- Chukwumerije and death in the Age of Brevity, by Chuks Iloegbunam
- Situation Room Abia State Elections Rerun
- Xenophobia - South Africa, Tribalism - Nigeria: African Dilemma of Hate
- As we prepare for a rerun in Imo State! By Paul John
- Solomon Arase is Nigeria’s most qualified IGP, by Obiora Azikiwe
- Has Muslim Buhari accepted Christian IGP Arase? By Mohammed Sarki
- Klitschko Defeats Bryant Jennings by Unanimous Decision
- Meet the new Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase
- Senegal Drops Nigeria from FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup ticket
- NBA playoffs Preview: Title up for Grabs
- Super Sand Eagles Thrash Egypt 4-1, Qualifies for Semi-final
- Seychelles 2015: Sand Eagles Hammer hosts 10-1
- Nollywood star, Desmond Elliot wins Lagos House Of Assembly Seat
- Harvest of goals as Super Falcons pound Mali 8-0
- Flying Eagles are African Champions
- Flying Eagles beat Ghana 2-0, qualifies for final
- Bolivia Pulls Out of Nigeria Friendly Match
- Flying Eagles Qualify For U-20 World Cup
- Nigeria to play South Africa in friendly on March 29
- Flying Eagles Jets Off to Senegal for AYC
- Arsenal chief wants to sack Arsene Wenger and hire Thierry Henry as manager
- Why Mario Balotelli MUST be in the Liverpool line-up against Manchester City this afternoon
- Keshi Says Nigeria Offered Him 'Slave contract'
- Mayweather Vs Pacquiao: The Fight of the Century
- Shocking Video: Racist Chelsea Fans Push Black Man Out of a Moving Train In Paris
- Kanu Nwankwo voted 13th greatest Arsenal player
- See the full Report of the Forensic Audit of NNPC Accounts here
- Gunmen open fire on buses carrying rap star Lil Wayne, crew
- Niger army fights Boko Haram for Lake Chad Island after attack
- Bombshell Interview: Obama’s Brother Says Barack Is ‘Cold and Ruthless…
- Buhari: I will probe NNPC missing $20 billion
- ECOWAS Launches Manual on Implementation of Regional Programmes
- ECOWAS Calls for Creativity, Innovation Driven Industrialization of W/Africa
- Nigerians say they lost 84m to South Africa Xenophobic Attack
- ECOWAS Seeks Policies For Sustainable Economic Development Of W/Africa
- Texas Based Doctor Calls for Igbo Massacre, Goes into Hiding
- ECOWAS Ministers moves to implement common industrial policy
- Boko Haram Cameroon attack toll rises to 19, 'many beheaded'
- Zimbabwean youths ordered to revenge xenophobia by attacking South Africans
- APC Used Police to Forment Electoral Violence in Akwa Ibom - Gov Akpabio
- ECOWAS Condemns Xenophobic Attacks in South Africa