- Written by Elombah.com
Nigerian security operatives yesterday mounted top secret operations against the Boko Haram militant group, and top commanders of the sect were arrested on Sunday, elombah.com has learnt. A military spokesman told the BBC
that two militant suspects had been arrested, one of whom later died but his identity remains unknown.
BBC Reports - The spokesman for Islamist militant group Boko Haram has been killed by Nigeria's military, reliable sources have told the BBC.
However, Boko Haram has not confirmed that Abu Qaqa has been killed.
A military spokesman told the BBC that two militant suspects had been arrested, one of whom later died but his identity remains unknown.
Analysts note that Abu Qaqa is an alias, so establishing his identity will not be easy.
The military has previously claimed to have arrested Abu Qaqa but this was denied by Boko Haram, who said the wrong man had been detained.
Premium Times reports - Sources in the State Security Service, SSS, say Abu Qaqa, the sect’s spokesman and other top commanders were arrested when the Kano State Joint Task Force, JTF, carried out a major raid on the sect’s hide-outs in Kano.
The Kano JTF has confirmed the raid and the arrests, but could not confirm the identity of the arrested Boko-Haram leaders.
However, independent sourcessay the sect’s spokesman, Abu Qaqa was one of those arrested.
The non-disclosure of the details of the arrested officers was because the arrested members were refusing to co-operate with security operatives.
The Federal Government is also being careful about disclosing the names of the arrested officials apparently for fear of embarrassment, the type it suffered earlier in the year when the government disclosed that Abu Qaqa, the sect’s spokesman had been arrested and it turned out to be false.
Spokesperson for the SSS, Marilyn Ogar, refused to comment on the arrests.
- Revealed: How Uduaghan and Pinnick Wasted Millions to Host NFF
- Two Suicide Bomb Blast Rocks Maiduguri
- Obiano bogus 2015 budget; bribes Lawmakers with N330m
- Nyanya Bombing: Court strikes out suit against Ogwuche
- Explosion Hits PDP secretariat in Calabar
- Of Nigeria and Mathematics: Salary of Nigerian Senators
- Boko Haram slaughters 48 fish vendors in northeast Nigeria
- Chadian Presidents Associate Arrested with Missiles for Boko Haram
- Dame Patience Plots to Remove Gov Dickson
- IGP orders Tambuwal arrested?
- Police acted professionally to forestall mayhem, says Ojukwu
- BREAKING: Supreme Court sacks Taraba Ag Governor
- Update: 120 Reps Sign to Impeach President Jonathan
- Boko Haram kill about 45 people in Borno state
- Chaos at National Assembly: Tambuwal Stopped, David Mark Orders shutdown
- Nigeria dire humanitarian situation worries the UN
- Adamawa Scandal: N5.5b missing during Fintiris' 86 days in office
- BREAKING: Tambuwal withdraws from APC presidential contest
- APGA: Appeal panel approves Ukachukwu despite lying on oath
- FG Extends State Of Emergency Rule in Adamawa, Borno, Yobe
- Princewill's disqualification is pathetic, desperate
- EPZ Crisis: Uduaghan and Stupidity Of Clannish Men
- Address by President Jonathan at Flag–Off of Great Green Wall
- Political Corruption and Citizenship around the World
- SSA Urges Ibom Youths to Shun Crab Mentality
- PDP to APC: Enough is Enough
- The Man, Olusegun Mathew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo
- Institutionalization of Impunity by Presidency
- Citizens Petitions ICC over Gov Shema’s Speech
- Dr Paul John: Bury Your Arrogance, Become Humble!
- Nigeria, Neighbours Must Unite to Win Terrorism - Jonathan
- 2015: Why Jonathan and PDP will lose in A'Ibom
- MUST READ: Grand Conspiracy to Torpedo Civil Rule in Nigeria
- Budget: Obiano Tables N164,496b Before HA
- Youths: Willing Tools in the Hand of Deceitful Government
- Okalakwu Igbariam: When a royal hunter becomes the hunted
- Mr. Jim Nwobodo, Ex-Governor, Ex-Senator, Ex-Presidential Candidate
- Clear and Present Danger Signals by Chidi Odinkalu
- We Are All Tambuwal
- Urbanisation sparks new construction training platform in Lagos
- FA Cup Final: Gov Orji Congratulates Enyimba for Defeating Dolphins
- Boxing: Pacquaio faces Algieri
- Nigeria 2- 2 South Africa: Nigeria out of Nations Cup
- Klitschko KOs Pulev In Fifth Round
- President Jonathan applauds Super Eagles win over Congo
- Nigeria Wallops Congo 2-0 in AFCON Qualifier
- Bulgarian Pulev Hopes To End Klitschko’s Reign
- Equatorial Guinea to Host AFCON 2015
- Super Eagles Off to Congo for Do-or-Die Match
- Kovalev May Have Retired Hopkins With Resounding Victory
- Bernard Hopkins: Champ Testing Time Against Sergey Kovalev
- New York Knicks Spoil Lebron James’ Homecoming Party
- Stephen Keshi: Are There Things That Nigeria Cannot Bungle?
- President Jonathan Orders Recall of Keshi as Super Eagles Coach
- Shock Announcement: Arsenal to sack Wenger
- NBA: San Antonio Spurs Poised To Repeat As Champions
- Zidane Handed a Three-month Ban over Coaching Qualifications
- Football: Ronaldo voted La Liga's best player at LFP awards
- NFF Crisis: Jonathan invites Amaju Pinnick to Presidential Villa
- Gov Orji Congratulates Super Falcons for Emerging Champions
- Bandits steal suspected Ebola blood in Guinea
- Revealed, the happiest countries in the world
- Railway Group signs Chinas' largest overseas contract with Nigeria
- I envy HIV/AIDS patients in Nigeria – Maureen Aisha Edward
- Fiancé hangs himself 4 days after fiancée called off wedding
- ISIS beheads another US aid worker
- Student had sex with sheep, says stressed about exams
- Photonews: Atiku holds meetings with Obasanjo
- Pregnant beggar seen driving Mercedes and counting money
- Anniversary of Berlin Wall: A Symbolic History
- United States Dedicates New Embassy Office Annex in Abuja
- Nigeria's Oil Production picks up, at a 10 year high
- Swiss prosecutors contact oil traders in Nigeria multi-billion dollar scam
- 'Nigeria Cyber Army' hacks Indiana Department of Education website
- Man burns daughter’s rapist genitals with tongs