- By Elombah.com
Nigerian security operatives yesterday mounted top secret operations against the Boko Haram militant group, and top commanders of the sect were arrested on Sunday, elombah.com has learnt. A military spokesman told the BBC
that two militant suspects had been arrested, one of whom later died but his identity remains unknown.
BBC Reports - The spokesman for Islamist militant group Boko Haram has been killed by Nigeria's military, reliable sources have told the BBC.
However, Boko Haram has not confirmed that Abu Qaqa has been killed.
A military spokesman told the BBC that two militant suspects had been arrested, one of whom later died but his identity remains unknown.
Analysts note that Abu Qaqa is an alias, so establishing his identity will not be easy.
The military has previously claimed to have arrested Abu Qaqa but this was denied by Boko Haram, who said the wrong man had been detained.
Premium Times reports - Sources in the State Security Service, SSS, say Abu Qaqa, the sect’s spokesman and other top commanders were arrested when the Kano State Joint Task Force, JTF, carried out a major raid on the sect’s hide-outs in Kano.
The Kano JTF has confirmed the raid and the arrests, but could not confirm the identity of the arrested Boko-Haram leaders.
However, independent sourcessay the sect’s spokesman, Abu Qaqa was one of those arrested.
The non-disclosure of the details of the arrested officers was because the arrested members were refusing to co-operate with security operatives.
The Federal Government is also being careful about disclosing the names of the arrested officials apparently for fear of embarrassment, the type it suffered earlier in the year when the government disclosed that Abu Qaqa, the sect’s spokesman had been arrested and it turned out to be false.
Spokesperson for the SSS, Marilyn Ogar, refused to comment on the arrests.
- Boko haram in disarray as more terrorists surrender
- Inside TB Joshua’s broken temple
- Governor Amosun, You Lied!
- Sex Scandal Roils U.S.A Deeper Life Church
- Revealed: TB Joshua Bribed Journalists To Conceal Details of Church Building Collapse
- Press Statement on the Sudden Disappearance of Mr Fejiro Oliver
- NEWS ALERT: Elombah.com's Journalist Fejiro Oliver Declared Missing!
- PHOTOS: Fulani Massacre of Christian Natives in Southern Kaduna
- Goodluck Jonathan’s Legacy, Nigeria’s Prosperity (1)
- 2015: Constitutional Impediments to President Jonathan’s Candidacy
- Peter Obi Calls for Declaration of State of Emergency on Education
- The Jonathan Government Goes Rogue; As Oritsejafor Hide Behind one Finger
- Army fires GOC at the root of mutiny by convicted soldiers
- Obiano Starts 2018 governorship campaign with bags of rice
- Boko Haram Kidnaps 50 Women, Scores of Children
- #BringBackJonathan2015: The Wages Of Impunity, by Wole Soyinka
- Akwa Ibom Receives the Highest Allocation to States
- Elombah.com Issues a Disclaimer!
- Why And How INEC Is Creating New Polling Units - by Prof Jega
- What We saw In Akwa Ibom State- Part 2
- When London Rose For Governor Akpabio
- 10.15.14.: A Day Without Horn or Siren in Lagos State
- REVEALED: The Forces against Oronsaye; Why EFCC Is After Him
- Ex-Minister task Nat’l Assembly on new Constitution for Nigeria
- Health: Excessive Sitting Hurts You; Tips to Get Rid of It
- Invitation to Crucial Meeting of Indigenous People of Biafra
- Kidnapping: Governor Babangida Aliyu, Release Fejiro Oliver Now!
- Re: An Open Letter to My Friend, Dahiru Mohammed Lawal, on Islam
- APGA Slammed APC and PDP into the Dustbin
- Jonathan as an Eagle, He Has changed Nigeria positively
- US To Request Nigeria to Extradite Buruji Kashamu
- Abia State: An Unbiased Evaluation of an Unsung Hero
- 2015: Anambra East, West Fed Constituency Acid Test for Obiano
- The Problem with Women’s Right Argument
- On Vested Interests; Nigerians at Sixes and Sevens
- NLC Moves to Alleviate Housing Crunch for Workers
- RE: Please Allow General Ihejirika To Defend Himself!!
- Nigeria Still Top Investment Target despite Challenges - Dangote
- Nigeria At A Cross Road; Where Do You Stand?
- PDP: Kalu Pledges Support for Reconciliation of Aggrieved Members
- Arsenal annual financial figures shows £4.7million profit in 2013/14
- Mayweather Defeats Maidana By Unanimous Decision Again
- Mayweather Must Counter Maidana’s Thuggery to Prevail
- Sexual harassment does not exist in Nollywood - Adokiye Kyrian
- Nigeria Super Eagles to Face South Africa in a Qualifier Crucial Game
- Keshi Bows to Pressure, Invites Uche for Bafana Bafana
- Anambra Sets Up Onyeanwuna Burial Committee
- Nigeria suffers 2-3 home defeat in Cup of Nations qualifier
- Money, Tradition, Legacy Fueling Mayweather-Pacquiao Mega-Fight?
- Anambra Plans State burial for Football Legend, Onyeanwuna
- NFF Elections: Battle for the Soul of the Nigerian Football Rages
- AFCON: Super Eagles Players Hit Camp for Congo, South Africa Matches
- Transfer Deadline: Done Deals for 2014\2015 Season
- Chinyere Ogwumike Joins Sister in Historic Rookie of Year Award
- Oluchi Orlandi Is Host of the First Edition of ‘Le Petite Marche Africa’
- Sanchez Scores as Arsenal Qualify for Champions League
- Christopher Giwa Emerges New President of Nigeria Football Federation
- AFCON 2017: Libya Relinquishes Hosting Rights
- Super Eagles Job: I Have Moved On – Stephen Keshi
- President Jonathan Hails Falconets’ Qualification for World Cup Finals
- Woman acquires 3rd breast for $20,000 to make herself LESS attractive to men
- Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after iCloud Hacking Scandal
- Porn or Pop? Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea’s raunchy Booty video
- EFCC Arrests Two Suspects for $7.9m Scam
- Bank IT worker declared wanted for $40m cyber-theft
- 67 S. Africans killed in Synagogue church collapse
- Nigerian caught in private jet smuggling $9.3m cash to SA
- Nigeria warplane used in fighting boko haram missing
- Oscar Pistorius found Guilty of Girlfriends' Manslaughter
- Oscar Pristorius found Negligent, but not Guilty of Murder
- BREAKING: Pistorius cleared of premeditated murder
- Nigeria says 'no evidence' US air marshal attacked in Lagos
- Sex Slaves: Like Boko haram, ISIS also kidnaps young girls
- Leaked Nude Photos of Celebrities Released Online
- Nigeria’s poverty level drops by 2.1%