- Written by Admin
A former Minister of Interior and owner of integrated Oil and Gas Limited Captain Emmanuel Iheanacho has been arrested over his involvement in the hijack of a vessel, M.T. Grace, laden with suspected stolen petroleum products. Disclosing this to newsmen in Lagos, Director General of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and
Safety Agency (NIMASA) Mr. Patrick Akpobolokemi said Iheanacho was arrested yesterday when the search for the sponsors of these pirates led to the tracing of the stolen products to integrated oil and gas tank farm.
FORMER Minister of Interior Captain Emmanuel Ihenacho
Akpobolokemi who represented by NIMASA’s Executive Director in charge of maritime labour services and Cabotage Barr. Obi Nwabueze said that the premises of integrated has been sealed off pending investigation.
He said NIMASA has come to the realisation that behind the facade there are the kingpins and the big men who facilitate piracy adding the agency in collaboration with other security operatives will unravel the people behind the sale, purchase and storage of the stolen products.
“You recalled we had cause to parade some pirates here and we did say that we were going to continue to look for those who were behind these pirates because we came to the realisation that behind the facade there are the kingpins and the big men who facilitate piracy.
“So in line with our promise to the Nigerian public, we intensified our search for the big men behind the scene and we are happy to tell you today that we have been able to trace them to a company, a major company integrated oil and gas.
“The products that were stolen from the activities of piracy were conveyed and stored at integrated oil and gas. As we speak we have sealed off the company and we have arrested the top management of the company.”
- BREAKING NEWS: Bomb Blast Rocks Kano Central Mosque
- Road Side Explosion Kills Scores
- Diezani Madueke Elected OPEC President
- The Crucification of Gov. T.A Orji - Part 1
- Revealed: How Uduaghan and Pinnick Wasted Millions to Host NFF
- Two Suicide Bomb Blast Rocks Maiduguri
- Obiano bogus 2015 budget; bribes Lawmakers with N330m
- Nyanya Bombing: Court strikes out suit against Ogwuche
- Explosion Hits PDP secretariat in Calabar
- Of Nigeria and Mathematics: Salary of Nigerian Senators
- Boko Haram slaughters 48 fish vendors in northeast Nigeria
- Chadian Presidents Associate Arrested with Missiles for Boko Haram
- Dame Patience Plots to Remove Gov Dickson
- IGP orders Tambuwal arrested?
- Police acted professionally to forestall mayhem, says Ojukwu
- BREAKING: Supreme Court sacks Taraba Ag Governor
- Update: 120 Reps Sign to Impeach President Jonathan
- Boko Haram kill about 45 people in Borno state
- Chaos at National Assembly: Tambuwal Stopped, David Mark Orders shutdown
- Nigeria dire humanitarian situation worries the UN
- On Fiscal Ineptitude - By Jaye Gaskia
- Ohakim Addresses Imo Indigenes in America
- Lift The Age Barrier; a case for myself
- APC Presidential Primaries: The Odds against Buhari
- Portia Ramaphosa: After nearly forty years, I’m finally noticed!
- Governor T. A Orji: Victim of Circumstance?
- The Lessons beyond the Tears by Olusegun Adeniyi
- How Authentic is Our Desire for Democratic Good Governance?
- Re: Nigeria Died in 1966 - Can A Thief Be A Social Critic?
- Stopping destructive behaviour in dogs
- Re: State of the Itsekiri Nation Under Your Governorship
- Christian Jargon and the Politics of Survival
- How to Stop Aggressive Behavior in Dogs
- Social Justice: How Did We Get To This Level? (1)
- Encomium for Gov Orji as he saves a hole-in-the-heart child
- Okey Ndibe Fumbles Again
- IGP Must Go; Be Arraigned for Treason
- Insanity of the insane; the case of Okwadike Ikpeazu
- 2015: Umana Okon Umana, Remember APC!
- Circulation of Fake Delegates Lists in A-Ibom
- Siasia’s Olympic team to face Gabon
- FA Cup Final: Gov Orji Congratulates Enyimba for Defeating Dolphins
- Boxing: Pacquaio faces Algieri
- Nigeria 2- 2 South Africa: Nigeria out of Nations Cup
- Klitschko KOs Pulev In Fifth Round
- President Jonathan applauds Super Eagles win over Congo
- Nigeria Wallops Congo 2-0 in AFCON Qualifier
- Bulgarian Pulev Hopes To End Klitschko’s Reign
- Equatorial Guinea to Host AFCON 2015
- Super Eagles Off to Congo for Do-or-Die Match
- Kovalev May Have Retired Hopkins With Resounding Victory
- Bernard Hopkins: Champ Testing Time Against Sergey Kovalev
- New York Knicks Spoil Lebron James’ Homecoming Party
- Stephen Keshi: Are There Things That Nigeria Cannot Bungle?
- President Jonathan Orders Recall of Keshi as Super Eagles Coach
- Shock Announcement: Arsenal to sack Wenger
- NBA: San Antonio Spurs Poised To Repeat As Champions
- Zidane Handed a Three-month Ban over Coaching Qualifications
- Football: Ronaldo voted La Liga's best player at LFP awards
- NFF Crisis: Jonathan invites Amaju Pinnick to Presidential Villa
- Tanzania refute claims to evict Maasai from Ngorongoro
- Bandits steal suspected Ebola blood in Guinea
- Revealed, the happiest countries in the world
- Railway Group signs Chinas' largest overseas contract with Nigeria
- I envy HIV/AIDS patients in Nigeria – Maureen Aisha Edward
- Fiancé hangs himself 4 days after fiancée called off wedding
- ISIS beheads another US aid worker
- Student had sex with sheep, says stressed about exams
- Photonews: Atiku holds meetings with Obasanjo
- Pregnant beggar seen driving Mercedes and counting money
- Anniversary of Berlin Wall: A Symbolic History
- United States Dedicates New Embassy Office Annex in Abuja
- Nigeria's Oil Production picks up, at a 10 year high
- Swiss prosecutors contact oil traders in Nigeria multi-billion dollar scam
- 'Nigeria Cyber Army' hacks Indiana Department of Education website