- Written by Admin
A former Minister of Interior and owner of integrated Oil and Gas Limited Captain Emmanuel Iheanacho has been arrested over his involvement in the hijack of a vessel, M.T. Grace, laden with suspected stolen petroleum products. Disclosing this to newsmen in Lagos, Director General of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and
Safety Agency (NIMASA) Mr. Patrick Akpobolokemi said Iheanacho was arrested yesterday when the search for the sponsors of these pirates led to the tracing of the stolen products to integrated oil and gas tank farm.
FORMER Minister of Interior Captain Emmanuel Ihenacho
Akpobolokemi who represented by NIMASA’s Executive Director in charge of maritime labour services and Cabotage Barr. Obi Nwabueze said that the premises of integrated has been sealed off pending investigation.
He said NIMASA has come to the realisation that behind the facade there are the kingpins and the big men who facilitate piracy adding the agency in collaboration with other security operatives will unravel the people behind the sale, purchase and storage of the stolen products.
“You recalled we had cause to parade some pirates here and we did say that we were going to continue to look for those who were behind these pirates because we came to the realisation that behind the facade there are the kingpins and the big men who facilitate piracy.
“So in line with our promise to the Nigerian public, we intensified our search for the big men behind the scene and we are happy to tell you today that we have been able to trace them to a company, a major company integrated oil and gas.
“The products that were stolen from the activities of piracy were conveyed and stored at integrated oil and gas. As we speak we have sealed off the company and we have arrested the top management of the company.”
- Nigeria Decides: 2015 Presidential Election Live!
- Jonathan and Buhari: Between progression and retrogression, by Mazi Ogbonna
- Chekwas Okorie Outperforms All At Nigeria's Presidential Debates
- Germanwings plane crashes in French Alps, no survivors
- Who killed four aides of Imo HA speaker? By Kenneth Uwadi
- NMA Lagos State Chapter Finally Commences Indefinite Strike
- Ndokwa Youths Block Expressway, Protest Injustice, Marginalisation
- [Update] Emir of Bukkuyum Was Kidnapped in the Mosque
- Revealed: General Buhari Was Arrested in the UK
- Breaking: War breaks out in Obiano's community between Aguleri and Anam
- Stolen! $142bn Nigeria's Oil Revenue in 5 Years; additional financial maths
- Delta is finished! Uduaghan sets to borrow N50bn after bribing Sec DG with N2b
- Breaking: Jonathan Swears in Obanikoro Seven Others as Ministers
- EXCLUSIVE: How I was abducted, kissed death and released from Boko Haram
- High Calibre Explosion Rocks Udi in Enugu
- Sack Jega Now! - Oodua Peoples Congress
- Mysterious Fire Guts INEC Electoral Institute
- [UPDATE] Fulani Herdsmen Attack Benue Village, Kill 90
- Boko Haram: Twin Explosions Rock Displaced Persons Camp in Maiduguri
- [UPDATE] Nigeria Labour Congress Elects Ayuba Wabba as New President
- President Jonathan, Wife, Mom Cast Votes
- Oron APC Candidate Robinson Uwak's Armed Thugs Invade Okobo
- Rivers APC Chairman Dismisses Defection Rumour
- With razors edge elections, eyes of the world on pregnant Nigeria, by Chido Nwangwu
- Buhari Gets Accredited, Commends INEC
- President Jonathan accredited manually due to hitches in card reader
- Breaking: Bomb Explosion Rocks Polling Unit in Enugu!
- Election 2015: As We Vote Today, by Ayokunle Ayk Fowosire
- Akwa Ibom councilors endorse Udom, PDP as sole candidate
- The endorsement of APC candidates: is Obong Victor Attah a statesman?
- Nigeria, Goodbye Yemen!
- A call for national unity government in Nigeria: As a vehicle for national stability in the post 28th march, 2015 polls.
- History call! Please answer it! Please vote change
- Madubuko Hart's stance on Abia governance censured, by Alozie Tochi
- 2015 and a reason for peaceful election, by Odeyele Ayodeji
- Ohakim's foresight compels Buhari, Jonathan to lay siege to SE
- Why FG and military must dispel rumours of pending coup, by Okoi Obono-Obla
- APC: The metamorphosis of a mendacious manifesto, by Onwuasoanya Jones
- Why the pastors are killing the church, by Mike Onwukwe
- Ochendoism: Why T. A. Orji should go to the Senate, by Chuks Nwagbara
- Flying Eagles are African Champions
- Flying Eagles beat Ghana 2-0, qualifies for final
- Bolivia Pulls Out of Nigeria Friendly Match
- Flying Eagles Qualify For U-20 World Cup
- Nigeria to play South Africa in friendly on March 29
- Flying Eagles Jets Off to Senegal for AYC
- Arsenal chief wants to sack Arsene Wenger and hire Thierry Henry as manager
- Why Mario Balotelli MUST be in the Liverpool line-up against Manchester City this afternoon
- Keshi Says Nigeria Offered Him 'Slave contract'
- Mayweather Vs Pacquiao: The Fight of the Century
- Shocking Video: Racist Chelsea Fans Push Black Man Out of a Moving Train In Paris
- Kanu Nwankwo voted 13th greatest Arsenal player
- Cote D'ivorie Wins African Cup of Nations
- AFCON 2015 Final: Cote d’Ivoire vs Ghana
- AFCON 2015: Ouedraogo commends teams ECOWAS
- Chelsea draw Man City 1-1, remain five points clear
- Breaking News: Former Eagles goalkeeper Agbonivbare is dead
- Cristiano Ronaldo wins Ballon d’Or over Lionel Messi & Manuel Neuer
- Tennis champion Serena Williams says coffee helped her beat Pennetta
- Steven Ukoh to play for Nigeria, ditches Switzerland
- Detroit woman arrested after 2 kids found dead in freezer
- ECOWAS Chairman, Mahama Appeals for Peaceful Elections in Nigeria
- Mexican wrestler dies following match with ex-WWE superstar Rey Mysterio
- Experts Meet on Academic Mobility Programme in West Africa
- Suicide Bombers Blow Up Yemeni Mosques, Kill Scores, Wound Hundreds
- Forbes analysis: Nigeria could be heading for economic crisis?
- Sierra Leonean Vice President Sacked!
- Megachurch pastor seeks donations for pricey private jet
- Woman sets herself on fire, crashes car, jumps off bridge, yet lives
- Elderly Nun Raped in Indian Convent School
- US Shuts Saudi Embassy over Security Fears
- Policeman killed as gunmen abduct three Chinese in Nigeria
- Ivory Coast's 'Iron Lady' jailed for 20 years over election violence
- Solar-Powered Airplane: Global flight completes first leg
- Putin reveals secrets of Russia's Crimea takeover plot