- Written by Elombah.com
Elombah.com is in possession of authentic document indicating the Minister of Interior, Comrade Patrick Abba Moro has engaged himself in an arms smuggling deal. A copy of the internal security report with the National Security Adviser with subject titled, “Error in Ministerial Clearance by D. S. S,” shows that the Dept of State Security
Service erroneously cleared Comrade Patrick Abba Moro prior to his nomination as Minister designate by Mr. President.
The NSA then advised President Jonathan to demand the immediate resignation of Comrade Patrick Abba Moro who came on board with a huge moral burden bordering on gun running.
See the internal memo below:
See also a letter written to the United States Government and other international agencies by the Coalition, informing that the National Security Adviser had advised Mr. President to demand the immediate resignation of Comrade Patrick Abba Moro who came on board with a huge moral burden bordering on his ongoing trial before an Abuja Magistrate Court on gun running.
NATIONAL ANTI-TERRORISM AND PEACE NETWORK
4th September, 2012.
The American Ambassador,
United States of America to Nigeria,
Your Excellency Sir,
INSECURITY: PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN’S INTERIOR MINISTER AND THE GUN RUNNING SAGA IN THE FACE OF NATIONAL SECURITY THREAT AND GLOBAL TERRORISM
The common people of Nigeria do sincerely wish to use this opportunity to appreciate the Government of the United States of America and the ever loving citizens of America for their unwavering love and support to our beloved country, Nigeria and the entire people of this nation in particular and Africa at large. Your contributions to our socio-economic and political development in every ramification cannot be over-emphasized at any point in time and we do hope that our government and people will continue to accord you and your nation such reciprocity in our match to stardom.
We do know that the present worrisome state of insecurity in Nigeria has become a major source of concern to the United States’ Government and the international community in general which has prompted you to list some Nigerians especially members of the dreaded Boko Haram Islamic sect on the world terrorist watch. Many Nigerians have commended you as part of your courageous efforts in tackling anti-democratic elements anywhere in the world in order to make the world a peaceful abode according to God’s natural design for the human race.
The common people of Nigeria are not in any doubt about your interventions and funding of capital intensive projects in Nigeria all in your attempt to demonstrate to Africa the large heart, kindness and love which have formed the bedrock of your foreign policies and diplomatic relations before and after the attainment of Independence from the Great Britain. The United States of America has continued to be a father to many nations because of its single minded contributions to world development and peace, and quest to ensure that there is justice, equity, fairness, and respect for human life everywhere in the world.
The people of Nigeria hereby wish to draw your kind attention to some elements within the administration of Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan which Mr. President himself has consciously and unconsciously confirmed to the whole world to be aiding the activities of terrorists and criminals all over the world as follows;
On assumption of office in 2011, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan GCFR as President and Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria appointed some Nigerians to serve as Ministers amongst whom was one Comrade Patrick Abba Moro. At this point the Nigerian Civil Society drew the attention of the Senate to a pending case of illegal possession of firearms otherwise referred to as gun running against the said Comrade Patrick Abba Moro, a nominee of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for the position of Honourable Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Unfortunately, to our greatest shock and utmost disbelief the Senate did confirmed the said Comrade Patrick Abba Moro without recourse to the moral burden and his ongoing t rial at an Abuja Magistrate Court on an offence against the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The Nigeria factor, ‘corruption’ was indeed at work and at the same time succeeded against the spirit of decency, transparency and accountability to public good which the Jonathan’s administration had promised Nigerians and the unsuspecting international community during his electioneering campaigns.
The people of Nigeria are greatly alarmed that despite the public criticism that accompanied Mr. President’s deployment of this controversial character to the Ministry of Interior especially at a time of high scale coordinated terrorist attacks against the people of Nigeria and even foreigners who visit the country for other relationships, the said Comrade Patrick Abba Moro still remains in office to perpetuate nefarious activities like arms dealing, recruitment of miscreants into strategic internal security organizations and continuous misdirection to the entire administration of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan as a whole.
We are imploring the government of the United States and its sister allies to prevail on President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to as a matter of urgent national concern cause full investigation of the activities of the Interior Minister viz:
The recent disappearance of a large cache of fire arms imported into Nigeria for the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) alleged to have been confiscated by the said Comrade Patrick Abba Moro as Minister of Interior. Our sources within informed us that Moro’s response to this grievous criminal offence was that he has the powers as Minister to personally retain some arms on behalf of the Federal Government but this he has done in order to arm another set of youths in north central Nigeria in preparations for the 2015 general elections. This is not only a security threat to the nation but the International Community at large considering the volatile nature of north central Nigeria and its poverty margin which has in turn made the youths very vulnerable to deception and selfish antics of disgruntled politicians in the country.
The government of the United States and the United Nations should also know the rationale behind the sack of General Andrew Azzazi and Dr. Bello Haliru as National Security Adviser and Minister of Defense respectively leaving behind Comrade Patrick Abba Moro who is in charge of Prisons, Immigrations and Civil Defense Corps to propagate his clueless and directionless policies while innocent citizens are being cut down in their prime on daily basis. This is time for President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to act fast and not to stamp the impression that he has conceded certain parts of his administration to political elements in settlement for his last victory.
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan we are aware has been advised by his National Security Adviser after a detailed checks at the Chief Magistrate Court Registrar’s office and office of the Attorney General of the Federation to quietly relieve Comrade Patrick Abba Moro of his position to strengthen government’s strategies on the war against terrorism, corruption and in furtherance of the rule of law principle. Attached is a copy of an internal communication between the National Security Adviser and the Intelligent Operations on 24th day of April, 2012 showing details of their investigation on the above subject matter for your kind perusal.
The common people of Nigeria are still in shock that despite these chilling revelations from Mr. President’s inner security agent the Federal Government has continued to look the other way round while lives and properties are being lost on a daily basis. This is the time for Mr. President to act in order to convince Nigerians that the present crisis is not being sponsored by the government against the citizenry.
The good people of Nigeria once again deeply appreciates your statesmanship, sportsmanship and friendliness to the Nigerian people both at home and abroad and wish to urge you to use your diplomatic strategies to help enable our government sit up in facing the core challenges of life and not allowing local politics to override our collective public and nation interest.
Thank you in anticipation of your very dear interventions.
BASHIR MOHAMMED GODKNOWS AMUNA
Executive Director I Executive Director I
The United Nations
All Political Parties in Nigeria
Local and International Media Organizations
National Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs (NSCIA)
Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN)
- PDP is too Corrupt, NWC Extorted N1bn from Kogi governor, Wada, others to retain ticket
- UPDATE: Early Morning Blast Kills 5 in Maiduguri Market
- Oshiomhole Lied: Only the President Approves ECA Disbursement - Peter Obi
- In rebuke to Buhari, Obama meets Elumelu in Kenya
- Judiciary Is a Major Obstacle to Fight against Corruption - Chekwas Okorie
- President Buhari plans to split NNPC into two entities
- How President Obama disappointed Africa
- US Govt has ‘aided and abetted’ Boko Haram, says Buhari
- BREAKING: More than 40 feared dead after bomb blasts in Gombe bus terminus
- 100,000 Nigerians flee to Cameroon, Niger, as Boko Haram attack border towns - UNHCR
- Buhari asks Obama to help recover $150 Billion Nigeria Loot
- Secret Police Operations in Nigeria: The Rule of Law Is In Danger
- President Buhari will probe Jonathan's govt - Presidency Spokesman
- The Return of Presidential Dictatorship in Nigeria
- President Muhammadu Buhari, a sole administrator on the loose
- Twin explosions kill 50 Eid shoppers in Gombe market
- Nigeria sinks continuously in butchery under Buhari’s Presidency, over 1000 murdered
- Who says that President Buhari does not recognize SE as a zone?
- Buhari’s Sectional Appointments & Policies: Threat to Constitutional Principles
- [Update] President Buhari Fires Service Chiefs, Appoints New Ones
- How Much Respect Do You Show Igbos? - By Ena Ofugara
- Emefiele caught in economic reverie - by Akin Awofolaju
- What do ndi Igbo want? - By Nnaemeka Onumonu
- The new drive to replace oil as main source of revenue – by Chibuzor Obiakor
- Now that Nigeria's three refineries have started working (must read)
- Understanding the 'Trouble with Nigeria' - by Jideofor Adibe
- RE: DG, SSS, Lawal Musa Daura Is a Member of APC - by Okoi Obono-Obla
- Gbajabiamila: How Not To Become Majority Leader - by Immanuel Ugwu
- Africa50 raises USD 830 million for infrastructure in Africa
- Etiebet, Attah: Bombshells that never exploded at Tribunal - by Robert Benson
- Early warnings, political risks and democracy in Africa - by Olalekan Adigun
- Governor El Rufai's Cabinet Nominees
- Abia State Govt and their lying ways - by Nnanna Ijomah
- Africa to Obama: Mind your own business
- Yankee Bulls and the making of Nigeria's next President - Dan Akusobi
- Senate Minority Leader Akpabio: A round peg in a round hole - by Okon Okorie
- Asiwaju: Celebrating an Icon of Democracy - by Philip Agbese
- Beyond the Road to Arochukwu - by Olusegun Adeniyi
- 2019 Governorship Race in Imo: It has commenced - by Samuelson Iwuoha
- Crime and Punishment in Nigeria - by Olusegun Adeniyi
- Nigeria Unveils Sunday Oliseh as Super Eagles Coach
- Breaking News: Oliseh arrives Nigeria for un-veiling as new Super Eagles Coach
- Is Serena Williams the greatest women's tennis player of all time?
- Photonews: Speaker in Asaba to commission a private Altar
- Stephen Keshi’s Sack by NFF Is "Unsubstantial", says his Agent
- Nigeria: Your next plate of rice may cost more
- Mentioning Messi's name saved my life - Argentine kidnapped in Nigeria
- Amazing: 3 different Nigerians hold 100m sprint records for Africa, Asia and Europe
- Photonews: Buhari visits his cattle in Daura Saturday, 20 June 2015
- Kano Slash Salary and Allowance of Political Office Holders by 50 %
- Swedish Women National Team Coach Turns Down Falcons’ Offer
- Enyeama faces the hammer after castigating Kaduna Venue
- Warriors Are Champs; Win Second NBA Title in 40 Years
- U-20:Mali Drops Germany, Qualifies for Semis; Senegal also through
- NBA Finals: Warriors One Win From Title, Beat Cavaliers 104-91
- Light Dims on Super Falcons as they lose 0-2 to Australia
- Super Eagles beat Chad 2-0, start AFCON qualifying with victory
- Flying Eagles Crash Out of FIFA U-20 World Cup
- Women World Cup: Cameroon opens in 6-0 style at Ecuador’s expense
- FIFA U-20: Mali Drops Ghana 3-0; Qualifies for Q/Final
- Ebola vaccine heralded as 'potential game-changer'
- New multinational force chief pledges to crush Boko Haram 'very soon'
- Over 100 militants killed in anti-Boko Haram joint operation
- ECOWAS improvises measures for combating drug trafficking in W'Africa
- ECOWAS Reviews Strategy for ICT Growth and Development
- UK Prime Minister warns James Ibori: Britain is no home for your dirty money
- Barack Obama Becomes First U.S. President to Address the African Union
- Libya court sentences Gadhafi son to death for 2011 killings
- Whitney Houston's Daughter Dead at 22 after Nearly 7-Month Coma
- President Obama Reunites with Family in Kenya over Dinner
- European Regulators Approve of Malaria vaccine
- ECOWAS to review regional ICT strategy
- Stakeholders undertake to support implementation of the Kampala Convention
- ECOWAS pays tribute to Liberia’s Dr. Amos Sawyer
- Buhari to Obama: No to gay marriage - Presidency