- Written by Ikpafak Thompson Essien
Akwa Ibom State Politics: Why Akwa Ibom State Commissioner for Information was Beaten up by Two Prostitutes---The Real Story! Aniekan Umanah is a Commissioner in Godswill Akpabio's Cabinet. He is the Commissioner for Information and Orientation. But because of his incompetence and infantile character, especially
when he appears on television to address the issues of Akwa Ibom State, indigenes of the sate frequently refer to him as the Honorable Commissioner for Mis-Information and Dis-orientation. In Akwa Ibom State, everyone knows Aniekan Umanah as a liar, a great propagandist, a jester, who in spite of his age and position has refused to grow up.
This past Thursday (May 16, 2012), Aniekan was involved in a brawl between two women; one of them was a prostitute and the other was his regular mistress, whom Aniekan once introduced to his wife as his Personal Secretary. The newspaper report on the story mistakenly mentioned the two women as prostitutes (please click on this link).
Sources say Aniekan had left home after lying to his wife that he was leaving to attend one of those nocturnal cult meetings, which often begins at midnight down into the wee hours. Unknown to his wife, Aniekan had discretely invited his mistress to meet him at a pre-arranged hotel location. The lady was supposed to meet Aniekan at a certain time. But because she had to travel from Calabar to meet Aniekan at Uyo, it took her longer than expected. Because it took so long for the lady to arrive, Aniekan, whose libido was hot and itchy at the time, thought his mistress would never show up. To satisfy his appetite for the night before he returns to his wife, Aniekan Umanah made another arrangement by inviting a prostitute to take over the duty of his mistress.
Unfortunately for Aniekan Umanah, both ladies---mistress and the prostitute---showed up at the hotel almost at the same time; the prostitute was the first woman to arrive. Then the mistress showed up, knocked on the door, Aniekan Umanah, who thought the knocker was one of his aides, immediately opened the door. The mistress walked in and saw the prostitute in bed, nude. That is when all hell broke lose.
While the two ladies were fighting, Aniekan Umanah was busy putting on his clothes. By the time he had the chance to calm down the two ladies, the head of his mistress was split open by the prostitute; she bled profusely. Sources say Aniekan panicked. When Aniekan Umanah tried to leave the room through a window, his mistress caught him on time by grapping his shirt.
Suddenly, according to a source, the ladies stopped pulling at each other and turned to Aniekan Umana and began hitting on him. A serious scuffle ensued during which his shirt was torn. One of the ladies (I was not told which) went after his rod---probably with the intention to rip it apart. It was then that Aniekan Umanah started screaming. Eventually, his security operatives managed to rescue him. He left the room without his shoes.
An eye witness text the following message to me; "Ete Thompson, you need to see how this man (Aniekan Umanah) was shaking like a baby. He was screaming for help and worried more about the reaction of his wife, if she knows about the situation. I saw Aniekan and I said to myself ah ah, how this man de shake like a child? Ete Thompson, it was a pitiful site."
In a normal society, there would have been calls for Aniekan Umanah to resign. But in Akwa Ibom State, there will never be such calls because the man---Godswill Akpabio---who would demand the resignation of Aniekan Umanah also patronizes prostitutes, with mistresses in every part of Nigeria.
The behavior of Aniekan Umanah symbolizes the level of decadence in which Akwa Ibom State has dwindled into. It also reflect the level of irresponsibility of the leadership of the State. Since 2007, many of us have been shouting about the incessant raping of our young women, we have been shouting about the unwanted pregnancies in which our young women are subjected to by the so-called rich men--- the rich men that often abandon their wives at home to take advantage of the poor conditions in which our young women are being subjected to, due to failed or no policies by those in positions of authority.
Rather than create enabling environments where investors can come into Akwa Ibom State to create jobs, Aniekan Umanah would rather spend his time in a hotel room with prostitutes. Few months ago, it was the same Aniekan Umanah who told those in the media that Godswill Akpabio is doing everything to make sure that our young women do not engage in prostitution. At that time many of us had no idea what Aniekan Umanah was talking about, until now.
Please click on this link to see how the story was reported in Nigerian media.
Ikpafak Thompson Essien
- Tinubu's alleged Illicit properties: beyond the threat of lawsuit [Photos]
- Nigeria Stops Chad From Wiping Out Boko Haram before polls
- Harvest of Spies: Boko Haram Releases New Video, Beheads Two Men ISIS Style
- Lawyers Sue INEC over Missing PVCs in Lagos
- Boko Haram: Hunters kill suicide bomber
- How Edo Pastors Shared N7bn Jonathan Largesse to CAN - APC
- Teenage girl accused of being suicide bomber brutally killed in Bauchi
- Breaking News! Jonathan challenges Buhari to a debate at Chatham House
- Boko Haram: The Plight of Internally Displaced Persons in Lagos
- Tinubu compelled Osinbajo to take oath of resignation after 6 months as VP -PDP
- Update: Ebonyi HA Serves Impeachment Notice to Gov Elechi
- Photonews: President Jonathan Tours Boko Haram Flashpoints in 3 States
- Jega to receive notice of terminal leave next week - APC
- Boko haram: Army chief says war is almost over
- President Jonathan defies critics ahead of Nigeria polls - Financial Times
- Deadly Explosion rips through Bus, kills 10 on outskirts of Potiskum
- Fleeing Boko Haram Calls For Ceasefire
- Bizarre! 7yrs Old Suicide Bomber Blows Self in Potiskum
- Inside Story Of Missing $20bn - NNPC
- Boko Haram Release 158 Abducted Women
- Of Jega and Mob Hysteria - By Olusegun Adeniyi
- Fuelling Troubles for Jonathan - By Olusegun Adeniyi
- State Of The Nation: Dangers As Nigeria Slips Into Austerity
- Nigerian youths, Where lay the Spirit of Class Struggle?
- Is Robert Mugabe's Fall Symbolic?
- How to Reduce Dog Smell in Your Car and Home
- When Aba Stood Still For Emeka Ihedioha
- What are the Nigerian elections about?
- Re-elect Jonathan for United Nigeria: Shagari's Alleged Letter to Buhari
- ANTV, Africa's First Global Television - Now Showing Around the World
- Netanyahu does not respect President Obama
- 2015 General Election and Politics of Oil Block
- Paying for APC's Campaign Promises
- Ndigbo Lagos Show Of shame
- Do APC and PDP care about the Health of Nigerians?
- At a Table with the King - A Memoir of 'Meet the President'
- Where is Muhammadu Buhari? [A Must Read]
- The church in Nigeria must hear this
- War of Vampires, Lycans and Rising of Vampire-lycans in Nigeria
- 2015 Polls and Jonathan's Continuity, Stories yet Untold
- Flying Eagles Jets Off to Senegal for AYC
- Arsenal chief wants to sack Arsene Wenger and hire Thierry Henry as manager
- Why Mario Balotelli MUST be in the Liverpool line-up against Manchester City this afternoon
- Keshi Says Nigeria Offered Him 'Slave contract'
- Mayweather Vs Pacquiao: The Fight of the Century
- Shocking Video: Racist Chelsea Fans Push Black Man Out of a Moving Train In Paris
- Kanu Nwankwo voted 13th greatest Arsenal player
- Cote D'ivorie Wins African Cup of Nations
- AFCON 2015 Final: Cote d’Ivoire vs Ghana
- AFCON 2015: Ouedraogo commends teams ECOWAS
- Chelsea draw Man City 1-1, remain five points clear
- Breaking News: Former Eagles goalkeeper Agbonivbare is dead
- Cristiano Ronaldo wins Ballon d’Or over Lionel Messi & Manuel Neuer
- Tennis champion Serena Williams says coffee helped her beat Pennetta
- Steven Ukoh to play for Nigeria, ditches Switzerland
- David Beckham Son Receives Special Protection During Arsenal Youth Matches
- Heat Spoil James Return, Beating Cavaliers 101-91
- Amir Khan Gives Alexander Boxing Lesson
- LeBron James’ Principled Stance against Injustice
- Fawole John Oyeyemi: Nigeria Modern Archetype Of Chess
- Surrender or face death, Chad president tells Boko Haram leader
- ECOWAS Institutes another Award at FESPACO
- ISIS Releases 19 Assyrian Christian Hostages
- US 4-Star General Brought Down by a Woman to Plead Guilty
- Hundreds Killed as Chad Forces Seize Northeast Nigerian Town
- Cameroon, Chad Team Up to Crush Boko Haram
- ECOWAS Declaration on Mali Peace Accord
- S Africa Repatriates Anti-Apartheid Heroes' Remains from Russia
- Sierra Leone’s vice president in quarantine for Ebola
- Thousands Protest in Cameroon over Boko Haram, as Fighting Intensifies
- Picture of IS Axe Man 'Jihadi John' as Student Shown
- Russian opposition leader Nemtsov shot dead in Moscow
- Rwandan singer jailed for plot to kill president
- Foreign trader burned in S. Africa petrol bomb attack
- President Outtara Urges Joint Action against Statelessness in W Africa