- Written by Ikpafak Thompson Essien
Akwa Ibom State Politics: Why Akwa Ibom State Commissioner for Information was Beaten up by Two Prostitutes---The Real Story! Aniekan Umanah is a Commissioner in Godswill Akpabio's Cabinet. He is the Commissioner for Information and Orientation. But because of his incompetence and infantile character, especially
when he appears on television to address the issues of Akwa Ibom State, indigenes of the sate frequently refer to him as the Honorable Commissioner for Mis-Information and Dis-orientation. In Akwa Ibom State, everyone knows Aniekan Umanah as a liar, a great propagandist, a jester, who in spite of his age and position has refused to grow up.
This past Thursday (May 16, 2012), Aniekan was involved in a brawl between two women; one of them was a prostitute and the other was his regular mistress, whom Aniekan once introduced to his wife as his Personal Secretary. The newspaper report on the story mistakenly mentioned the two women as prostitutes (please click on this link).
Sources say Aniekan had left home after lying to his wife that he was leaving to attend one of those nocturnal cult meetings, which often begins at midnight down into the wee hours. Unknown to his wife, Aniekan had discretely invited his mistress to meet him at a pre-arranged hotel location. The lady was supposed to meet Aniekan at a certain time. But because she had to travel from Calabar to meet Aniekan at Uyo, it took her longer than expected. Because it took so long for the lady to arrive, Aniekan, whose libido was hot and itchy at the time, thought his mistress would never show up. To satisfy his appetite for the night before he returns to his wife, Aniekan Umanah made another arrangement by inviting a prostitute to take over the duty of his mistress.
Unfortunately for Aniekan Umanah, both ladies---mistress and the prostitute---showed up at the hotel almost at the same time; the prostitute was the first woman to arrive. Then the mistress showed up, knocked on the door, Aniekan Umanah, who thought the knocker was one of his aides, immediately opened the door. The mistress walked in and saw the prostitute in bed, nude. That is when all hell broke lose.
While the two ladies were fighting, Aniekan Umanah was busy putting on his clothes. By the time he had the chance to calm down the two ladies, the head of his mistress was split open by the prostitute; she bled profusely. Sources say Aniekan panicked. When Aniekan Umanah tried to leave the room through a window, his mistress caught him on time by grapping his shirt.
Suddenly, according to a source, the ladies stopped pulling at each other and turned to Aniekan Umana and began hitting on him. A serious scuffle ensued during which his shirt was torn. One of the ladies (I was not told which) went after his rod---probably with the intention to rip it apart. It was then that Aniekan Umanah started screaming. Eventually, his security operatives managed to rescue him. He left the room without his shoes.
An eye witness text the following message to me; "Ete Thompson, you need to see how this man (Aniekan Umanah) was shaking like a baby. He was screaming for help and worried more about the reaction of his wife, if she knows about the situation. I saw Aniekan and I said to myself ah ah, how this man de shake like a child? Ete Thompson, it was a pitiful site."
In a normal society, there would have been calls for Aniekan Umanah to resign. But in Akwa Ibom State, there will never be such calls because the man---Godswill Akpabio---who would demand the resignation of Aniekan Umanah also patronizes prostitutes, with mistresses in every part of Nigeria.
The behavior of Aniekan Umanah symbolizes the level of decadence in which Akwa Ibom State has dwindled into. It also reflect the level of irresponsibility of the leadership of the State. Since 2007, many of us have been shouting about the incessant raping of our young women, we have been shouting about the unwanted pregnancies in which our young women are subjected to by the so-called rich men--- the rich men that often abandon their wives at home to take advantage of the poor conditions in which our young women are being subjected to, due to failed or no policies by those in positions of authority.
Rather than create enabling environments where investors can come into Akwa Ibom State to create jobs, Aniekan Umanah would rather spend his time in a hotel room with prostitutes. Few months ago, it was the same Aniekan Umanah who told those in the media that Godswill Akpabio is doing everything to make sure that our young women do not engage in prostitution. At that time many of us had no idea what Aniekan Umanah was talking about, until now.
Please click on this link to see how the story was reported in Nigerian media.
Ikpafak Thompson Essien
- Nigeria Army repel attack, kill many Boko haram militants
- Chibok: somber mood in first Christmas since kidnap
- Exposed: How they looted Imo State Oil Producing Area development Commission
- Boko Haram Kills 33, Abducts 200 women and children in Borno
- Umeh, Obiano overrules Ojukwus' wife at APGA Convention
- Obiano Awards all Roads in His Hometown, Sacks Accountant General
- Buhari Announces Osibanjo as Running Mate
- The Rivers Amaechi Will not Show You! [In pictures]
- Time to feature more women in politics
- Why Uwajumogu and Okorocha are Still Keeping Activist Iwuoha in Jail
- Osibanjo Clinches Buhari's Running Mate
- 33 Reasons Why Southerners are Fools
- The Buhari PTF Days: The Untold Story
- Yakubu Gowon @ 80: Burden of Genocide
- 2015: Between Jonathan and Buhari -who is the lesser evil?
- Breaking News: Fresh Twin Explosions Rock Jos
- [Update] Buhari wins APC nomination for 2015 presidential election
- PDP Ratifies Jonathan as Candidate, Sambo as Vice-President
- Austerity: Obiano in N300M Burial Bazaar
- BREAKING NEWS: Bomb Blast Hits Kano Again
- My Manifesto and Vision for Nigeria, by Muhammadu Buhari
- Jonathans' 2nd Niger Bridge, 419 on the Igbo Nation
- My Synagogue Story
- Oduduwaland: Neither Buhari nor Jonathan stand for our liberation
- The Gov Fashola -Chekwas Okorie Interface
- Muhammadu Buharis Last Card
- Worshipping The False Messiahs Of Nigeria
- This is General Muhammad Buhari (Rtd)
- Victor Umeh Plots for Third Term
- Ibadan People Do Not Serve the Same Leader Twice?
- Debunking the Born to Rule Myth
- Governor Okorochas' Chief of Staff is a common thief
- Give It to Tinubu; He Knows His Onions
- Saraki Congratulates Osibanjo; Commends Tinubu
- Why the Core North Will/Must Fail: Arewa 2015 Agenda
- Buhari, the Rotimi Amaechi Fiasco
- Obasanjo Must Leave Nigeria Alone
- Dr. Alex Otti - The Change Abia State Is Yearning For In 2015
- Caliphate Colonialism -The taproot of the trouble with Nigeria
- Season of letters: Governor Okorocha as a case study
- Amir Khan Gives Alexander Boxing Lesson
- LeBron James’ Principled Stance against Injustice
- Fawole John Oyeyemi: Nigeria Modern Archetype Of Chess
- World Strongest Footballer Never Played for Nigeria
- NFF Appeals Committee Nullifies Pinnick’s Election
- Boxing: Crawford Dominates Beltran
- Fury Stops Chisora in 10th Round
- Siasia’s Olympic team to face Gabon
- FA Cup Final: Gov Orji Congratulates Enyimba for Defeating Dolphins
- Boxing: Pacquaio faces Algieri
- Nigeria 2- 2 South Africa: Nigeria out of Nations Cup
- Klitschko KOs Pulev In Fifth Round
- President Jonathan applauds Super Eagles win over Congo
- Nigeria Wallops Congo 2-0 in AFCON Qualifier
- Bulgarian Pulev Hopes To End Klitschko’s Reign
- Equatorial Guinea to Host AFCON 2015
- Super Eagles Off to Congo for Do-or-Die Match
- Kovalev May Have Retired Hopkins With Resounding Victory
- Bernard Hopkins: Champ Testing Time Against Sergey Kovalev
- New York Knicks Spoil Lebron James’ Homecoming Party
- Oil Price Slump Temporary Says Saudi Arabia Oil Minister
- Boy cleared of murder 70 years after he was executed
- BOAD to provide loans involving XOF1,100b over five years
- AfrAsia Bank attracts significant shareholding from NBC
- Research reveals GCC trade with Africa on the rise
- How the US provides inspiration for terrorists groups like ISIS
- Orange and USAID join forces to boost mHealth innovations across Africa
- ECOWAS council session holds against the backdrop of progress
- $35m grant from King Abdallah fight Ebola in WA
- Powering Africa to advance Africa power industries
- AFRICA: Optimism and opportunity abounds
- Beckam and Son in Car Accident
- George Weah: The missing link in Liberian senate
- First Francophonie Economic Forum
- Tanzania refute claims to evict Maasai from Ngorongoro