- Written by Ikpafak Thompson Essien
Akwa Ibom State Politics: Why Akwa Ibom State Commissioner for Information was Beaten up by Two Prostitutes---The Real Story! Aniekan Umanah is a Commissioner in Godswill Akpabio's Cabinet. He is the Commissioner for Information and Orientation. But because of his incompetence and infantile character, especially
when he appears on television to address the issues of Akwa Ibom State, indigenes of the sate frequently refer to him as the Honorable Commissioner for Mis-Information and Dis-orientation. In Akwa Ibom State, everyone knows Aniekan Umanah as a liar, a great propagandist, a jester, who in spite of his age and position has refused to grow up.
This past Thursday (May 16, 2012), Aniekan was involved in a brawl between two women; one of them was a prostitute and the other was his regular mistress, whom Aniekan once introduced to his wife as his Personal Secretary. The newspaper report on the story mistakenly mentioned the two women as prostitutes (please click on this link).
Sources say Aniekan had left home after lying to his wife that he was leaving to attend one of those nocturnal cult meetings, which often begins at midnight down into the wee hours. Unknown to his wife, Aniekan had discretely invited his mistress to meet him at a pre-arranged hotel location. The lady was supposed to meet Aniekan at a certain time. But because she had to travel from Calabar to meet Aniekan at Uyo, it took her longer than expected. Because it took so long for the lady to arrive, Aniekan, whose libido was hot and itchy at the time, thought his mistress would never show up. To satisfy his appetite for the night before he returns to his wife, Aniekan Umanah made another arrangement by inviting a prostitute to take over the duty of his mistress.
Unfortunately for Aniekan Umanah, both ladies---mistress and the prostitute---showed up at the hotel almost at the same time; the prostitute was the first woman to arrive. Then the mistress showed up, knocked on the door, Aniekan Umanah, who thought the knocker was one of his aides, immediately opened the door. The mistress walked in and saw the prostitute in bed, nude. That is when all hell broke lose.
While the two ladies were fighting, Aniekan Umanah was busy putting on his clothes. By the time he had the chance to calm down the two ladies, the head of his mistress was split open by the prostitute; she bled profusely. Sources say Aniekan panicked. When Aniekan Umanah tried to leave the room through a window, his mistress caught him on time by grapping his shirt.
Suddenly, according to a source, the ladies stopped pulling at each other and turned to Aniekan Umana and began hitting on him. A serious scuffle ensued during which his shirt was torn. One of the ladies (I was not told which) went after his rod---probably with the intention to rip it apart. It was then that Aniekan Umanah started screaming. Eventually, his security operatives managed to rescue him. He left the room without his shoes.
An eye witness text the following message to me; "Ete Thompson, you need to see how this man (Aniekan Umanah) was shaking like a baby. He was screaming for help and worried more about the reaction of his wife, if she knows about the situation. I saw Aniekan and I said to myself ah ah, how this man de shake like a child? Ete Thompson, it was a pitiful site."
In a normal society, there would have been calls for Aniekan Umanah to resign. But in Akwa Ibom State, there will never be such calls because the man---Godswill Akpabio---who would demand the resignation of Aniekan Umanah also patronizes prostitutes, with mistresses in every part of Nigeria.
The behavior of Aniekan Umanah symbolizes the level of decadence in which Akwa Ibom State has dwindled into. It also reflect the level of irresponsibility of the leadership of the State. Since 2007, many of us have been shouting about the incessant raping of our young women, we have been shouting about the unwanted pregnancies in which our young women are subjected to by the so-called rich men--- the rich men that often abandon their wives at home to take advantage of the poor conditions in which our young women are being subjected to, due to failed or no policies by those in positions of authority.
Rather than create enabling environments where investors can come into Akwa Ibom State to create jobs, Aniekan Umanah would rather spend his time in a hotel room with prostitutes. Few months ago, it was the same Aniekan Umanah who told those in the media that Godswill Akpabio is doing everything to make sure that our young women do not engage in prostitution. At that time many of us had no idea what Aniekan Umanah was talking about, until now.
Please click on this link to see how the story was reported in Nigerian media.
Ikpafak Thompson Essien
- Explosive: Kids of Rich Nigerians Who Finance Boko Haram
- Buhari ignored own Transition Committee’s recommendation to publicly declare assets on assuming office
- Rot in Rivers State Revealed: Wike Visits Abandoned General Hospital [Photos]
- Central Bank of Nigeria, a Monster House of Corruption
- Revealed: Goodluck Jonathan secretly withdrew N500 billion from excess crude account
- Over 100 Captured Boko Haram Suspects Transferred to South East States
- Group fingers Wike, Mrs. Jonathan in N180bn UBEC fraud
- Boko Haram Scare: Anambra markets shut down
- Fraudulent Activities of Ms. Washima, Former SSA to Pres. Jonathan on Job Creation
- Buhari's priority is genocide-for-oil, not Boko Haram - Prof Chinweizu
- 42 killed in suspected Boko Haram attacks in Borno
- Buhari Warns Governors: Days Of Impunity And Fiscal Recklessness Are Over!
- Jonathan Left me an empty treasury - Buhari
- Buhari's Snail Speed; Naira Crashes in the Forex Market
- War against oil thieves: Buhari Orders Attacks in Akwa Ibom Creeks, Kills 350
- How Victor Umeh turned APGA into a personal ATM
- Buhari Denies Ordering Sale of 9 Presidential Jets
- Nigerian international kidnap ring smashed in Philippines
- Biogas Electricity: Viable alternative to improved power generation
- Obiano set to spend multi-million dollar component of Obi's savings for Anambra
- Jega: Between wile and will, by Onwuasoanya Jones
- How to Read Dog Body Language, by Jerry Akinluyi
- Who made “Ogogoro” a killer drink? By Mozimo Beke
- Of Tambuwalism and Buhari’s Headache, By Olusegun Adeniyi
- Buhari’s unparalleled generosity, by Utum Eteng
- PDP cry foul as Buhari overrules Jega and appointed Zakari as INEC boss
- Senate showdown: Why Saraki should be expelled from APC, by Eneh John
- Of party supremacy and elected officials, by Benjamin Aduba
- Imo: Guaranteeing Stomach infrastructure in time of change, By Cyril Aririguzo
- Obiano Slams Heavy Tax on Hotels and Fuel Stations in Anambra
- An open letter to the Director-General, NYSC
- What is Gov Ayade doing with 35 advisers! By Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla
- Gov Okorocha and the burden of expectations, By Joseph Chimezie
- Saraki, a northern conspiracy against Yoruba - by Bisi Akande
- How to Oust Generic Saraki via Nuclear Option, by Bayo Oluwasanmi
- Okonjo-Iweala Explodes: there was no “unauthorised spending” under me, $2.1 allegation is political witch-hunt
- I will not appoint Ministers because all Politicians are corrupt - Buhari
- Nigeria's foreign reserves fall to $29b, external debt hits $9.4b - CBN
- How to Introduce a New Dog to Your Household with an Existing one, by Jerry Akinluyi
- Terrorists attacks: Why we are missing the point! By Olalekan Adigun
- Mentioning Messi's name saved my life - Argentine kidnapped in Nigeria
- Amazing: 3 different Nigerians hold 100m sprint records for Africa, Asia and Europe
- Photonews: Buhari visits his cattle in Daura Saturday, 20 June 2015
- Kano Slash Salary and Allowance of Political Office Holders by 50 %
- Swedish Women National Team Coach Turns Down Falcons’ Offer
- Enyeama faces the hammer after castigating Kaduna Venue
- Warriors Are Champs; Win Second NBA Title in 40 Years
- U-20:Mali Drops Germany, Qualifies for Semis; Senegal also through
- NBA Finals: Warriors One Win From Title, Beat Cavaliers 104-91
- Light Dims on Super Falcons as they lose 0-2 to Australia
- Super Eagles beat Chad 2-0, start AFCON qualifying with victory
- Flying Eagles Crash Out of FIFA U-20 World Cup
- Women World Cup: Cameroon opens in 6-0 style at Ecuador’s expense
- FIFA U-20: Mali Drops Ghana 3-0; Qualifies for Q/Final
- Lagos APC calls on party to punish treacherous National Assembly members
- Women's World Cup: Nigeria hold Sweden in 3-3 thriller
- Women World Cup: Germany crushes Ivory Coast 10-0
- NBA Finals: Cavaliers Even Series, Prevailing 95-93 Over Warriors
- Nigeria’s Flying Eagles Mauls Hungary 2-0, Ready for Germany
- Barcelona wins champion's league, beats Juventus 3-1
- ECOWAS accredits five diplomatic missions, pledges greater collaboration
- Nigerian journalists investigating smuggling beaten to comma
- Naira Falls again, $1.2 billion Forex sale could not save Nigeria's currency
- ECOWAS Court Fixes June 30 for Burkina Faso Cases
- US Supreme Court backs use of lethal injection drug
- ECOWAS moves to eliminate street children syndrome in West Africa
- President Buhari Promises to Recover Nigeria's Stolen Billions
- June 26: Terrorists' Global ‘Day of Rage’, France, Tunisia, Kuwait Hit
- US Supreme Court rules gay marriage is legal nationwide
- Nigerian Homosexuals to Lead London March
- ECOWAS President Grants Audience to W/African Youth Leaders
- Pakistan heatwave: Death toll crosses 700 people in Sindh
- IS drowns, decapitates 'spies' in brutal new video
- ECOWAS to step up collaboration via “Council of Understanding”
- This is America's new $13 billion warship