- By Channels TV
The House of Representatives on Tuesday urged President Goodluck Jonathan to sack the Director General of the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC), Arunma Oteh, who was recently reinstated from a compulsory leave for incompetence. The
House in its first plenary session after a long recess said the call to terminate Ms Oteh’s appointment at SEC follows the resolution of its committee, which investigated the near-collapse of the Nigerian Capital Market which was adopted by the House.
The House added that its committees would henceforth cease to accord any recognition or deal with Ms Oteh as the director-general of the commission.
It directed its Committee on Legislative Compliance to brief it on the level of compliance with the resolution within 14 days.
This resolution was sequel to a motion moved by Ossai Ossai (PDP-Delta), which was unanimously adopted.
Mr Ossai said that in spite of the conveyance of the house resolution to the president by the Clerk of the National Assembly, he went ahead to recall Ms Oteh from suspension.
He said that members of staff of the SEC had protested the recall of embattled DG.
She had also been cautioned by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Pius Anyim, for flouting extant rules and administrative procedures in the conduct of all official transactions.
- Alarm as US fail to import a single barrel of Nigerian crude oil in July
- Boko Haram’s ‘ICT expert’ arrested - Vanguard
- President Jonathan Honours Taxi Driver, Traffic Warden, National Flag's Designer, Others
- Pres Jonathan is Planning Release of Chibok girls for Political Gains
- How top Nigerians fund Boko Haram - Stephen Davis
- Gov. Chime anoints Ifeanyi Ugwanyi as next Enugu governor
- VIDEO: Boko haram massacred by Nigerian army [viewers discretion]
- Fayose Reacts to the Violence against Ekiti Judge
- Breaking: Lagos Speaker Discharged of N600m Money Laundering Charges
- Gov. Okorocha Extends Free Education to Non-Indigenes in IMSU
- Collapsed Synagogue Building Is Illegal; South Africans to Sue Joshua
- Pandemonium in Ekiti High Court as Fayose Ordered Judge's Beating
- We've Killed Shekau, and waits for the next Shekau to emerge - DHQ
- Reps in $20,000 bribery scandal over $9.3m arms deal
- DSS, Niger State Govt and Fejiro Oliver: Our Stand
- Inside Gov Babangida Aliyu's Corrupt Empire: the article that got Journalist in trouble
- Boko haram in disarray as more terrorists surrender
- Inside TB Joshua’s broken temple
- Governor Amosun, You Lied!
- Sex Scandal Roils U.S.A Deeper Life Church
- Economic Blueprint for Attracting Business & Commerce in Igbo land
- Between Biafran War and Scottish Referendum: War as Wrong Means
- See Google's Funny Advert on Nigeria's Independence Day
- Nigeria At 54: The Shame Of A Nation And Why We Should Not Celebrate By Inibehe Effiong
- Pursue peace with all men and holiness without which no man will see God - Tinubu
- Nigeria @ 54, Gov Orji Preaches Peace, Unity
- Nigeria at 54: The Change We Need
- Nigeria: The Time for Believable Change Is Now!
- Why Are Most African Presidents 70 and Above?
- A Thriving Culture of Corruption - ThisDay
- Text of Independence Day Broadcast by President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
- CSNAC Demands EFCC Investigation of Oritsejafor's Private Jet Donor
- Nigeria@54: We Must End Mediocrity, Impunity and Corruption
- At 54, Lagos APC Says Nigeria Is Wrecked And Badly Needs Change
- El-Rufai Court Victory: A Salute to Liberty
- Give Fejiro Oliver Due Process: Gov Aliyu Protect Your Legacy
- Shehu Sani’s Faux Pas on General Muhammadu Buhari
- 2015: How to Rescue Nigeria from PDP’s Inept Leadership
- Our attitude towards leaders speak volume about us - Prince Chidi Ibeh
- A Case against Ike Ekweremadu - Open Letter to President Jonathan
- Breaking News: Amaju Pinnick Emerges NFF President
- Arsenal annual financial figures shows £4.7million profit in 2013/14
- Mayweather Defeats Maidana By Unanimous Decision Again
- Mayweather Must Counter Maidana’s Thuggery to Prevail
- Sexual harassment does not exist in Nollywood - Adokiye Kyrian
- Nigeria Super Eagles to Face South Africa in a Qualifier Crucial Game
- Keshi Bows to Pressure, Invites Uche for Bafana Bafana
- Anambra Sets Up Onyeanwuna Burial Committee
- Nigeria suffers 2-3 home defeat in Cup of Nations qualifier
- Money, Tradition, Legacy Fueling Mayweather-Pacquiao Mega-Fight?
- Anambra Plans State burial for Football Legend, Onyeanwuna
- NFF Elections: Battle for the Soul of the Nigerian Football Rages
- AFCON: Super Eagles Players Hit Camp for Congo, South Africa Matches
- Transfer Deadline: Done Deals for 2014\2015 Season
- Chinyere Ogwumike Joins Sister in Historic Rookie of Year Award
- Oluchi Orlandi Is Host of the First Edition of ‘Le Petite Marche Africa’
- Sanchez Scores as Arsenal Qualify for Champions League
- Christopher Giwa Emerges New President of Nigeria Football Federation
- AFCON 2017: Libya Relinquishes Hosting Rights
- Super Eagles Job: I Have Moved On – Stephen Keshi
- For the first time: US records zero import of Nigerian crude oil in July
- A third of people believe they married the wrong person (shocking facts about marriage and adultery in UK)
- Naked celebrity photos: Emma Watson next celeb targeted by hackers
- Woman acquires 3rd breast for $20,000 to make herself LESS attractive to men
- Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after iCloud Hacking Scandal
- Porn or Pop? Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea’s raunchy Booty video
- EFCC Arrests Two Suspects for $7.9m Scam
- Bank IT worker declared wanted for $40m cyber-theft
- 67 S. Africans killed in Synagogue church collapse
- Nigerian caught in private jet smuggling $9.3m cash to SA
- Nigeria warplane used in fighting boko haram missing
- Oscar Pistorius found Guilty of Girlfriends' Manslaughter
- Oscar Pristorius found Negligent, but not Guilty of Murder
- BREAKING: Pistorius cleared of premeditated murder
- Nigeria says 'no evidence' US air marshal attacked in Lagos