- By Channels TV
The House of Representatives on Tuesday urged President Goodluck Jonathan to sack the Director General of the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC), Arunma Oteh, who was recently reinstated from a compulsory leave for incompetence. The
House in its first plenary session after a long recess said the call to terminate Ms Oteh’s appointment at SEC follows the resolution of its committee, which investigated the near-collapse of the Nigerian Capital Market which was adopted by the House.
The House added that its committees would henceforth cease to accord any recognition or deal with Ms Oteh as the director-general of the commission.
It directed its Committee on Legislative Compliance to brief it on the level of compliance with the resolution within 14 days.
This resolution was sequel to a motion moved by Ossai Ossai (PDP-Delta), which was unanimously adopted.
Mr Ossai said that in spite of the conveyance of the house resolution to the president by the Clerk of the National Assembly, he went ahead to recall Ms Oteh from suspension.
He said that members of staff of the SEC had protested the recall of embattled DG.
She had also been cautioned by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Pius Anyim, for flouting extant rules and administrative procedures in the conduct of all official transactions.
- El Rufai ridicules Ribadu's return to PDP
- BREAKING: Lagos Confirms Five New Ebola Cases
- Mutiny! We will Not Fight Boko Haram – Soldiers
- BREAKING NEWS! Ebola Kills a Doctor that Attended to Sawyer
- Bauchi Governor ‘Bribes’ PDP Chairman with N2 Billion House for Senatorial Ambition
- How Umeh and Willie Obiano Chased Peter Obi Out of Apga
- BREAKING NEWS: Peter Obi resigns as BOT Chairman and APGA Leader
- Confirmed Cases Still 10, 4 Now Dead, No Ebola in Enugu, all Cases in Lagos
- Dramatic Proceeding at Enugu Impeachment Panel on 14/08/14
- You killed Obiano's former wife for him to marry you - Uche Ekwunife to Obiano's wife
- Ebola: Nurse Justina Obi Who Had Contact With Sawyer Dies in Lagos
- Northern Delegates Forum Rejects Confab Report
- The Looting of Anambra: Gov Obiano Takes Nepotism to High Heavens
- Ebola Kills ECOWAS Staff at Lagos Liaison Office
- Governor Akpabio, 2015, and the Fallacy Of Imposition
- The Anambra Fraud: Gov Obiano Begins Payment of N5.6 Billion to Umeh
- Enugu Impeachment: Summary of Proceedings
- BREAKING NEWS: INEC Declares Aregbesola Winner in Osun Guber Elections!
- Questions about Ebola, a More Lethal Form of Aids Virus
- OSUN DECIDES: APC leads in results so far
- Re: SSS Secret Memo Sent To Commissioner of Police Zamfara State
- 2015: Hypocrisy of Al-Makura to Divide the Alago Nation
- Re: I will Decamp When the Devil Repents and Converts to Islam
- Corruption: "Wike Knows the Face in the Mirror" - Comm for Health
- Welcome to Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport, Owerri!
- Anambra Drones - DSS Warns Obiano
- Of APGA and Rancorous Turncoats
- And Now, A Deep Cut From Mister Ebola!
- Be Warned: Ribadu Will Destroy PDP in Adamawa
- Imo State Government and Crisis in Ohaji/Egbema
- Ribadu Got It Wrong on Governor Amaechi —Rivers APC
- Random Party Switch: the Nuhu Ribadu Phenomenon; A Rejoinder
- Random Party Switch: the Nuhu Ribadu Phenomenon
- CVR & PVC: Intersociety Gives Thumb-up to INEC
- Imagine Abia State without Orji Uzor Kalu!
- Victor Umeh Is the Problem with APGA
- Missing $49.8bn Oil Money: Saraki And His Da Vinci Code?
- APC Demands Explanation from Obiano on ‘Eavesdropping’
- To the Igbos, By the Igbos, and for the Igbos
- Genevieve Nnaji and the Audacity of Hope
- Fifa Rejects Barcelona FC Transfer Ban Appeal
- Suarez Unveiled at Barcelona FC; Promises Not to Bite Again
- AFCON Qualifier List: Osaze, Moses, Ideye Left Out
- Spanish Super Cup Preview: Real Madrid vs. Atletico Madrid
- England Kell Brook Stuns Shawn Porter, Wins Title
- Van Gaal Loses Debut Premiership Home Game at Old Trafford
- Keshi’s Passing Grade Needed In Other Sectors
- Nigeria Climbs a Step in the New FIFA Ranking
- Boxing: Fury and Chisora Get New Rematch Date
- Wayne Rooney Named New Manchester United Captain
- Ronaldo’s Brace Earns Real Super Cup Win
- Howard Webb Retires As Match Referee; Appointed Technical Director
- Chelsea Humbled 3-0 in Germany
- Sergey kovalev Stops Caperello, Fights Bernard Hopkins Next
- Delta to secure US scholarship for Ese Brume
- Stephen Keshi Trashes N7m Contract Reports
- 26 State FA Chairmen Reinstate Aminu Maigari
- Everton Buys Romelu Lukaku
- Team Nigeria on a Gold Rush in Glasgow
- Spanish Court to Continue Tax Fraud Case against Lionel Messi
- Boko Haram clashes with Cameroon soldiers in cross-border attacks
- Lagos massage parlours where sex is ‘after-service’ bonus - Punch
- Nigeria’s 419 Scammers Trade Up to Info-Stealing Trojan Attacks
- Nigeria Attractive to Investors Despite Challenges, Says Aganga
- Pro-Russian rebels plan to sabotage investigation into Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 crash
- Kim Kardashian sex tape star Ray J charged with 10 crimes
- Tulisa Drug Trial Collapse: 'Fake Sheikh' Suspended
- Facebook banned these Women's Rowing Team's Naked Calendar
- US Court awards $23 billion punitive damages against major cigarette company
- Bolt, Farah, Wiggins and Fraser for Glasgow Commonwealth
- Bizarre: Boy, 9, marries 62-year-old woman for second time
- Disgusting! Looters Stole Cash, Credit Cards, and Jewelry from Flight MH17 Crash Victims
- Appeal court overturns Berlusconi convictions in underage sex case
- Malaysian plane crashes in Ukraine: BBC updates
- Tulisa supplied cocaine after she was offered Hollywood film role