- Written by Channels TV
The House of Representatives on Tuesday urged President Goodluck Jonathan to sack the Director General of the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC), Arunma Oteh, who was recently reinstated from a compulsory leave for incompetence. The
House in its first plenary session after a long recess said the call to terminate Ms Oteh’s appointment at SEC follows the resolution of its committee, which investigated the near-collapse of the Nigerian Capital Market which was adopted by the House.
The House added that its committees would henceforth cease to accord any recognition or deal with Ms Oteh as the director-general of the commission.
It directed its Committee on Legislative Compliance to brief it on the level of compliance with the resolution within 14 days.
This resolution was sequel to a motion moved by Ossai Ossai (PDP-Delta), which was unanimously adopted.
Mr Ossai said that in spite of the conveyance of the house resolution to the president by the Clerk of the National Assembly, he went ahead to recall Ms Oteh from suspension.
He said that members of staff of the SEC had protested the recall of embattled DG.
She had also been cautioned by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Pius Anyim, for flouting extant rules and administrative procedures in the conduct of all official transactions.
- Nigeria Stops Chad From Wiping Out Boko Haram before polls
- Harvest of Spies: Boko Haram Releases New Video, Beheads Two Men ISIS Style
- Lawyers Sue INEC over Missing PVCs in Lagos
- Boko Haram: Hunters kill suicide bomber
- How Edo Pastors Shared N7bn Jonathan Largesse to CAN - APC
- Teenage girl accused of being suicide bomber brutally killed in Bauchi
- Breaking News! Jonathan challenges Buhari to a debate at Chatham House
- Boko Haram: The Plight of Internally Displaced Persons in Lagos
- Tinubu compelled Osinbajo to take oath of resignation after 6 months as VP -PDP
- Update: Ebonyi HA Serves Impeachment Notice to Gov Elechi
- Photonews: President Jonathan Tours Boko Haram Flashpoints in 3 States
- Jega to receive notice of terminal leave next week - APC
- Boko haram: Army chief says war is almost over
- President Jonathan defies critics ahead of Nigeria polls - Financial Times
- Deadly Explosion rips through Bus, kills 10 on outskirts of Potiskum
- Fleeing Boko Haram Calls For Ceasefire
- Bizarre! 7yrs Old Suicide Bomber Blows Self in Potiskum
- Inside Story Of Missing $20bn - NNPC
- Boko Haram Release 158 Abducted Women
- Boko Haram: Troops Retakes Dikwa and Gwoza Training Base
- Show of Shame
- Do APC and PDP care about the Health of Nigerians?
- At a Table with the King - A Memoir of 'Meet the President'
- Where is Muhammadu Buhari? [A Must Read]
- The church in Nigeria must hear this
- War of Vampires, Lycans and Rising of Vampire-lycans in Nigeria
- 2015 Polls and Jonathan's Continuity, Stories yet Untold
- How President Jonathan and PDP plan to rig election
- Deaf APC and Drawing PDP
- 'Ekitigate' audio exposes the desperation of politicians and contempt for popular will
- The grass on the other side
- Buhari Must Address the Questionable Characters around Him!
- When Change Becomes Inevitable
- If I have a vote for the 2015 Nigerian elections…
- President Jonathan Addresses Corpers at the President’s NYSC Honours Award
- Why Nigerians should vote for Martin Onovo of the NCP for President
- Appreciating Your Heritage...
- Truly, APGA has no business at the National Assembly
- Nigeria: Looking Beyond Electoral promises (1)
- Nigeria: In a Quest for a True Father
- Arsenal chief wants to sack Arsene Wenger and hire Thierry Henry as manager
- Why Mario Balotelli MUST be in the Liverpool line-up against Manchester City this afternoon
- Keshi Says Nigeria Offered Him 'Slave contract'
- Mayweather Vs Pacquiao: The Fight of the Century
- Shocking Video: Racist Chelsea Fans Push Black Man Out of a Moving Train In Paris
- Kanu Nwankwo voted 13th greatest Arsenal player
- Cote D'ivorie Wins African Cup of Nations
- AFCON 2015 Final: Cote d’Ivoire vs Ghana
- AFCON 2015: Ouedraogo commends teams ECOWAS
- Chelsea draw Man City 1-1, remain five points clear
- Breaking News: Former Eagles goalkeeper Agbonivbare is dead
- Cristiano Ronaldo wins Ballon d’Or over Lionel Messi & Manuel Neuer
- Tennis champion Serena Williams says coffee helped her beat Pennetta
- Steven Ukoh to play for Nigeria, ditches Switzerland
- David Beckham Son Receives Special Protection During Arsenal Youth Matches
- Heat Spoil James Return, Beating Cavaliers 101-91
- Amir Khan Gives Alexander Boxing Lesson
- LeBron James’ Principled Stance against Injustice
- Fawole John Oyeyemi: Nigeria Modern Archetype Of Chess
- World Strongest Footballer Never Played for Nigeria
- US 4-Star General Brought Down by a Woman to Plead Guilty
- Hundreds Killed as Chad Forces Seize Northeast Nigerian Town
- Cameroon, Chad Team Up to Crush Boko Haram
- ECOWAS Declaration on Mali Peace Accord
- S Africa Repatriates Anti-Apartheid Heroes' Remains from Russia
- Sierra Leone’s vice president in quarantine for Ebola
- Thousands Protest in Cameroon over Boko Haram, as Fighting Intensifies
- Picture of IS Axe Man 'Jihadi John' as Student Shown
- Russian opposition leader Nemtsov shot dead in Moscow
- Rwandan singer jailed for plot to kill president
- Foreign trader burned in S. Africa petrol bomb attack
- President Outtara Urges Joint Action against Statelessness in W Africa
- ECOWAS Moves to Make Its Volunteer Programme Sustainable
- US Auditor Commits Suicide after Declaring for Guber Race
- Iran Blows Up Mock US Aircraft Carrier in Latest Drills