- Written by Channels TV
The House of Representatives on Tuesday urged President Goodluck Jonathan to sack the Director General of the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC), Arunma Oteh, who was recently reinstated from a compulsory leave for incompetence. The
House in its first plenary session after a long recess said the call to terminate Ms Oteh’s appointment at SEC follows the resolution of its committee, which investigated the near-collapse of the Nigerian Capital Market which was adopted by the House.
The House added that its committees would henceforth cease to accord any recognition or deal with Ms Oteh as the director-general of the commission.
It directed its Committee on Legislative Compliance to brief it on the level of compliance with the resolution within 14 days.
This resolution was sequel to a motion moved by Ossai Ossai (PDP-Delta), which was unanimously adopted.
Mr Ossai said that in spite of the conveyance of the house resolution to the president by the Clerk of the National Assembly, he went ahead to recall Ms Oteh from suspension.
He said that members of staff of the SEC had protested the recall of embattled DG.
She had also been cautioned by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Pius Anyim, for flouting extant rules and administrative procedures in the conduct of all official transactions.
- Buhari says will not take part in presidential debates
- 2015 Election: Attahiru Jega’s Pact with the APC
- EXPOSED: Details of Corruption by Two Major Sponsors of Buhari
- Boko haram rampaging in northeast Nigeria with no troops to defend people
- Army were warned of Boko Haram attacks on Baga and Monguno
- Okonjo-Iweala: Response to Soludo's 'Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond the Election'
- 2015 Elections & INEC Shoddy Preparations: Chaos, Anarchy & Bloodletting Looming (1)
- Army Bombards Boko Haram to Retake Strategic Barracks
- Exposed: How Obama blocked Israeli sale of attack helicopters to Nigeria
- 2015: INEC has already rigged presidential poll for the North
- Obiano Is Enchanting Road of Infamy -Anambra Group
- Attacks on Jonathan: This Nonsense Must Stop - Warns the presidency
- Attention Pius Anyim: Before INEC Sets Nigeria on Fire
- Exclusive: How Aso Rock official swindled Chinese firm in a multi-billion naira fraud
- Breaking News! Nigeria national security adviser urges INEC to postpone elections
- Chibok Girls Kidnap: The Untold Story
- Photos: fleeing Boko Haram's war on Nigeria
- Exclusive: See Buhari's Academic Records
- APC Rejects PDP Denial of Fayose Advert
- Army disowns Buhari...Says we don't have any WASC certificate
- No! Mr President, no ten million thieves in Nigeria
- Weep not for Odudu Ukpanah (A dirge)
- Goodluck Jonathan, a history of academic excellence
- Alex Otti, a pathological liar -Abia Governor's aide
- On the Famous Video: 'The Real Buhari'
- That Farcical Peace Accord
- Interview with Hon Osita Igbe, Director of Media, Abia PDP campaign 2015
- Piece of Peace: Against Provocative Campaigns, Threats and Violence (2)
- 2015 IGBO votes: Ijaws will never support an Igbo presidency
- 2015 election and ominous signals from core Muslim North
- The resolution of Nigerians to vote Buhari
- X-Raying Nigeria’s Greatest Democratic Achievement
- Kerry meeting with Buhari is Destructive Diplomatic meddling
- 2015: Choices That Will Make or Mar Nigeria
- Soludo: A Pseudo-Intellectual for Hire
- So Is Buhari indeed a religious fanatic?
- Abia: Iheanacho Obioma haunted by many forces
- What I told Jonathan and Buhari about themselves
- Attention Amb Ogwu: Demand for Arrest and Trial of Alhaji Olarenwaju Iliasu
- PDP Vs APC: Between Two Flags
- Breaking News: Former Eagles goalkeeper Agbonivbare is dead
- Cristiano Ronaldo wins Ballon d’Or over Lionel Messi & Manuel Neuer
- Tennis champion Serena Williams says coffee helped her beat Pennetta
- Steven Ukoh to play for Nigeria, ditches Switzerland
- David Beckham Son Receives Special Protection During Arsenal Youth Matches
- Heat Spoil James Return, Beating Cavaliers 101-91
- Amir Khan Gives Alexander Boxing Lesson
- LeBron James’ Principled Stance against Injustice
- Fawole John Oyeyemi: Nigeria Modern Archetype Of Chess
- World Strongest Footballer Never Played for Nigeria
- NFF Appeals Committee Nullifies Pinnick’s Election
- Boxing: Crawford Dominates Beltran
- Fury Stops Chisora in 10th Round
- Siasia’s Olympic team to face Gabon
- FA Cup Final: Gov Orji Congratulates Enyimba for Defeating Dolphins
- Boxing: Pacquaio faces Algieri
- Nigeria 2- 2 South Africa: Nigeria out of Nations Cup
- Klitschko KOs Pulev In Fifth Round
- President Jonathan applauds Super Eagles win over Congo
- Nigeria Wallops Congo 2-0 in AFCON Qualifier
- Guaranteeing Nigeria's Invincibility
- British Parliament sound alarm over UK public money links with Ibori
- Russian Town Frozen into Ice Block
- Russian President Putin is 'a common criminal dressed up as a Head of State'
- Certificate Scandal: WAEC Says It Has No Records On Buhari [See Letter]
- Sharia police arrest 12 gays planning to wed in Kano
- Boko Haram rampage propelling Buhari campaign -NY Times
- 2015: Supporters of violence will be denied US visas -Kerry
- US Kerry arrives Nigeria amid tensions over polls, Boko Haram
- ECOWAS hands over military assets to Guinea Bissau govt
- Cameroon raid frees German hostage held by Boko Haram
- 2015 Predictions: Doomsday Clock Tick to World War 3?
- Nigerias' fight against Boko Haram hampered by 'cowards' -Dasuki
- Nigeria election tensions raise specter of break-up
- Buhari Secretly Executed 40 Coup Plotters in 1984 - New York Times