- Written by Channels TV
The House of Representatives on Tuesday urged President Goodluck Jonathan to sack the Director General of the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC), Arunma Oteh, who was recently reinstated from a compulsory leave for incompetence. The
House in its first plenary session after a long recess said the call to terminate Ms Oteh’s appointment at SEC follows the resolution of its committee, which investigated the near-collapse of the Nigerian Capital Market which was adopted by the House.
The House added that its committees would henceforth cease to accord any recognition or deal with Ms Oteh as the director-general of the commission.
It directed its Committee on Legislative Compliance to brief it on the level of compliance with the resolution within 14 days.
This resolution was sequel to a motion moved by Ossai Ossai (PDP-Delta), which was unanimously adopted.
Mr Ossai said that in spite of the conveyance of the house resolution to the president by the Clerk of the National Assembly, he went ahead to recall Ms Oteh from suspension.
He said that members of staff of the SEC had protested the recall of embattled DG.
She had also been cautioned by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Pius Anyim, for flouting extant rules and administrative procedures in the conduct of all official transactions.
- Update: Buhari leads with 2 million votes in 19 States, FCT declared by INEC
- Official INEC Result: PDP Takes Early lead in 9 States
- Nigeria Decides 2015: Presidential Results
- Nigeria Decides 2015: Live Presidential Election Results Every Minute
- Nigeria Decides: 2015 Presidential Election Live Updates
- Jonathan and Buhari: Between progression and retrogression, by Mazi Ogbonna
- Chekwas Okorie Outperforms All At Nigeria's Presidential Debates
- Germanwings plane crashes in French Alps, no survivors
- Who killed four aides of Imo HA speaker? By Kenneth Uwadi
- NMA Lagos State Chapter Finally Commences Indefinite Strike
- Ndokwa Youths Block Expressway, Protest Injustice, Marginalisation
- [Update] Emir of Bukkuyum Was Kidnapped in the Mosque
- Revealed: General Buhari Was Arrested in the UK
- Breaking: War breaks out in Obiano's community between Aguleri and Anam
- Stolen! $142bn Nigeria's Oil Revenue in 5 Years; additional financial maths
- Delta is finished! Uduaghan sets to borrow N50bn after bribing Sec DG with N2b
- Breaking: Jonathan Swears in Obanikoro Seven Others as Ministers
- EXCLUSIVE: How I was abducted, kissed death and released from Boko Haram
- High Calibre Explosion Rocks Udi in Enugu
- Sack Jega Now! - Oodua Peoples Congress
- PDP ahead in the presidential elections with 2-3 million votes -Fani Kayode
- Nigeria Decides 2015: Buhari wins Lagos
- Jonathan beats Buhari in Cross River State
- Nigeria Decides: Jonathan records 1.48 million votes in Rivers
- APC expresses concerns over delays in releasing results in SE, SS
- Nigeria Decides: Buhari Beats President Jonathan in Adamawa
- Preliminary statement by Catholic Bishops on 2015 Presidential and NASS Elections
- Nigeria Decides: Plateau Presidential results
- Democracy By Military Terms, How The Cooky Crumbles
- Jonathan Wins Massively in Akwa Ibom with with 953,304 votes.
- Nigeria Decides 2015: Jonathan Wins in Nasarawa State
- President Jonathan dusts Buhari in Nasarawa
- Presidential poll: Jonathan Defeats Buhari in Enugu State
- Buhari Defeats President Jonathan in Kogi State
- BREAKING NEWS: Buhari set to Win Nigeria 2015 Presidential Election
- Buhari Floors Jonathan in Oyo State (Nigeria Decides 2015)
- Adamawa APC are okay with the outcome of elections results so far
- Nigeria Decides 2015: Buhari Floors Jonathan in Sokoto State
- Dino Melaye Wins, Unseats Smart Adeyemi
- Uche Ekwunife Declared Winner of Anambra Central Senatorial Election
- Flying Eagles are African Champions
- Flying Eagles beat Ghana 2-0, qualifies for final
- Bolivia Pulls Out of Nigeria Friendly Match
- Flying Eagles Qualify For U-20 World Cup
- Nigeria to play South Africa in friendly on March 29
- Flying Eagles Jets Off to Senegal for AYC
- Arsenal chief wants to sack Arsene Wenger and hire Thierry Henry as manager
- Why Mario Balotelli MUST be in the Liverpool line-up against Manchester City this afternoon
- Keshi Says Nigeria Offered Him 'Slave contract'
- Mayweather Vs Pacquiao: The Fight of the Century
- Shocking Video: Racist Chelsea Fans Push Black Man Out of a Moving Train In Paris
- Kanu Nwankwo voted 13th greatest Arsenal player
- Cote D'ivorie Wins African Cup of Nations
- AFCON 2015 Final: Cote d’Ivoire vs Ghana
- AFCON 2015: Ouedraogo commends teams ECOWAS
- Chelsea draw Man City 1-1, remain five points clear
- Breaking News: Former Eagles goalkeeper Agbonivbare is dead
- Cristiano Ronaldo wins Ballon d’Or over Lionel Messi & Manuel Neuer
- Tennis champion Serena Williams says coffee helped her beat Pennetta
- Steven Ukoh to play for Nigeria, ditches Switzerland
- US, UK Warns: Signs of Political Interference in Nigeria Election
- Islamic State group beheads 8 Shiites in Syria's Hama
- Detroit woman arrested after 2 kids found dead in freezer
- ECOWAS Chairman, Mahama Appeals for Peaceful Elections in Nigeria
- Mexican wrestler dies following match with ex-WWE superstar Rey Mysterio
- Experts Meet on Academic Mobility Programme in West Africa
- Suicide Bombers Blow Up Yemeni Mosques, Kill Scores, Wound Hundreds
- Forbes analysis: Nigeria could be heading for economic crisis?
- Sierra Leonean Vice President Sacked!
- Megachurch pastor seeks donations for pricey private jet
- Woman sets herself on fire, crashes car, jumps off bridge, yet lives
- Elderly Nun Raped in Indian Convent School
- US Shuts Saudi Embassy over Security Fears
- Policeman killed as gunmen abduct three Chinese in Nigeria
- Ivory Coast's 'Iron Lady' jailed for 20 years over election violence