- Written by Admin
Kate Middleton is furious over the release of topless pictures taken while on vacation with Prince William in France. and now the Royal Family is threatening to sue someone's ass over it. The pictures -- published by the French magazine Closer -- show Kate taking off her bikini top while hanging out with William last week at a chateau owned by the
Queen's nephew, Lord Linley.
Moments after the pic went public, the Royal Family issued a scathing statement ... saying "Their royal highnesses have been hugely saddened to learn that a French publication and a photographer have invaded their privacy in such a grotesque and totally unjustifiable manner."
In the statement, the Royal Fam said the incident is "reminiscent of the worst excesses of the press and paparazzi during the life of Diana, Princess of Wales" ... who died in a car crash while fleeing from the paparazzi in France back in 1997.
The Royal statement continued, "Their royal highnesses had every expectation of privacy in the remote house. It is unthinkable that anyone should take such photographs, let alone publish them."
"Officials acting on behalf of their royal highnesses are consulting with lawyers to consider what options may be available to the Duke and Duchess."
"The Duke and Duchess remain focused currently on their tour of Singapore, Malaysia, Solomon Islands and Tuvalu on behalf of the Queen."
Closer magazine has a UK version as well, which IMMEDIATELY DISTANCED itself from its French counterpart, saying it would "like to make it clear that the two publications make entirely independent editorial decisions. In this respect the comments made by the Editor of the French edition which have reported in the media today do not reflect the opinions of Closer magazine UK."
"Closer magazine UK takes its obligations under the PCC Code extremely seriously and would never publish topless images of a member of the Royal family on its cover or otherwise."
This is the third time in less than a month a member of the royal family was caught in a photo scandal/ Prince Harry famously partied in the buff in Las Vegas and Prince Philip was caught in an upskirt moment when he wore a kilt (without underwear) to an event in Scotland.
- How Obiano Bought PDP Candidates with N250m to Discontinue Court Cases against APGA
- Shame: Nigeria, Africa's largest oil producer crippled by fuel shortages
- Happening Now: Farewell Service for Chukwumerije at Abuja Airport [Photos]
- Tony Anenih Resigns as PDP BoT Chairman
- Breaking News! Muazu Resigns as PDP Chairman with immediate effect!
- [Correction] Unizik Vice Chancellor Suspends SUG President after he alleged corruption
- Jonathan incurs N5tn domestic debt in 5 years, Governors incurred $5.85b
- Boko Haram Militants Raped Hundreds of Female Captives in Nigeria
- How the Seventh National Assembly Failed Nigerians [Part 2]
- Out-going governors created the NGF crisis - Dickson
- Disastrous Performance of the 7th National Assembly of Nigeria- Part One
- Nigeria is too poor for our leaders to act like multi-billionaires
- Why the ongoing immigration recruitment must be cancelled, by Muhammadu Buhari
- [Update] Nigerian Federal Secretariat Engulfed in Fire
- Lamido Sanusi: Unanswered questions on Nigeria’s missing $20bn
- Ndigbo and Nicodemus visits to Buhari
- Arase Confirmed as IG Police, Suleiman sacked due to indisciline
- Understanding the Structure and Philosophy of the New Biafra Struggle for Independence
- Nigeria Dirtiest Health Fraud: FMC, Owerri Medical Director in Unlimited Looting Spree
- Expose: 85% of Imo State Govt are homosexuals, belong to Ogboni, I will publish their names
- FMC, Owerri: In defense of Angela Uwakwem, by Onwuasoanya Jones
- Rochas Okorocha: How Architect Franklin Okoli Was Brutally Murdered [pt. 3]
- APGA state chairmanship: Why Chinedu Nkwonta deserves a chance, by H. Madubueze
- Okonjo-Iweala: a hero or villain? By Uwa Eghomeka
- The peoples’ General mounts the saddle, by Okoi Obono-Obla
- Still on Fayose’s stomach infrastructure, by Olalekan Adigun
- Why Okonjo Iweala is Different from Alison-Madueke, by Ebun Asagbe
- House Report and Buhari’s First Major Call, by Olusegun Adeniyi
- Buruji, Justice and democracy: Buhari show your capacity, by Segun Odujinrin
- The Igbo furor over nothing, by Tochukwu Ezukanma
- Where Nigeria’s Power Roadmap Missed Road, by SKC Ogbonnia
- The end of the Goodluck Jonathan Nightmare, by Alexander Ezike
- What You Should Know About Dog Food Allergies, by Akinluyi Jerry
- The beautiful brides of Imo’s sixth assembly, by Onwuasoanya Jones
- Obiano’s visit to Buhari: Of Shadows and Substance, by Okey Anarado
- Joe Eto's persistent deception is anti-Igbo and un-Igbo, by C.C. Chikezie
- Buhari: The nation in patient expectation of a new era, by Peter Claver Oparah
- The ‘new dispensation’ and options for strategic engagement, by Jaye Gaskia
- Systemic Change in Nigeria Requires Individual Leadership, not Party’s
- As President Jonathan Heads for Otuoke… by Bayo Oluwasanmi
- NBA Eastern Conference Finals: Cavaliers Stun Hawks 97-89
- Photo: See where volunteers that trekked for GEJ slept in Bayelsa
- NBA Western Conference Finals Game One: Warriors 110,Rockets 106
- Oshiomhole’s new wife performs first role as First Lady
- Photonews: Buhari, Dignitaries present as Oshiomhole Wed his Heartthrob
- NBA Playoffs: Warriors, Hawks, Cavaliers Alive; Houston in Trouble
- Bayern Beats Barcelona 3-2
- Zik’s first son, Chukwuma Azikiwe dies at 75
- Alvarez Whacks Game James Kirkland in Round Three
- UK doctor from Nigeria and wife illegally enslaved man for 24 years
- Mayweather Frustrates Pacquiao in Victory Number 48
- Mayweather beats Pacquiao in the 'fight of the century'
- Rio Ferdinand’s wife, Rebecca dies of cancer
- Nollywood actor Peter Bunor dies
- Mayweather Vs Pacquiao: PacMan Not Underdog in Grudge Match
- Klitschko Defeats Bryant Jennings by Unanimous Decision
- Senegal Drops Nigeria from FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup ticket
- NBA playoffs Preview: Title up for Grabs
- Super Sand Eagles Thrash Egypt 4-1, Qualifies for Semi-final
- Seychelles 2015: Sand Eagles Hammer hosts 10-1
- Highlights of the 47th Ordinary Session of the Authority of ECOWAS Heads of State and Govt
- West African leaders shelve third-term ban proposal
- Obama Sends Kerry to lead US delegation at Buhari’s inauguration
- Nigeria 2015: Beyond the Ballot
- Man wrongly imprisoned for nearly 40 years sues detectives
- ECOWAS Accra Summit to Review Regional Political, Security Situation
- ECOWAS Council of Ministers Ends 74th Ordinary Session in Accra
- Chuka Umunna Withdraws from Labour Leadership Bid
- Burundi coup bid: Some coup leaders arrested
- Asia tops biggest global school rankings
- BREAKING: Burundi General Declares Coup against President Nkurunziza
- Nigerian Senators, Reps cornered N600bn in 4 years but passed only 106 bills
- US State Department Hosts Conference Call with Stakeholders on Nigerian Elections
- U.S. drone kills Yemeni al Qaeda Chief linked to Paris killings
- Bizarre: 3 women rape man at gunpoint to collect his semen