- Written by Admin
Kate Middleton is furious over the release of topless pictures taken while on vacation with Prince William in France. and now the Royal Family is threatening to sue someone's ass over it. The pictures -- published by the French magazine Closer -- show Kate taking off her bikini top while hanging out with William last week at a chateau owned by the
Queen's nephew, Lord Linley.
Moments after the pic went public, the Royal Family issued a scathing statement ... saying "Their royal highnesses have been hugely saddened to learn that a French publication and a photographer have invaded their privacy in such a grotesque and totally unjustifiable manner."
In the statement, the Royal Fam said the incident is "reminiscent of the worst excesses of the press and paparazzi during the life of Diana, Princess of Wales" ... who died in a car crash while fleeing from the paparazzi in France back in 1997.
The Royal statement continued, "Their royal highnesses had every expectation of privacy in the remote house. It is unthinkable that anyone should take such photographs, let alone publish them."
"Officials acting on behalf of their royal highnesses are consulting with lawyers to consider what options may be available to the Duke and Duchess."
"The Duke and Duchess remain focused currently on their tour of Singapore, Malaysia, Solomon Islands and Tuvalu on behalf of the Queen."
Closer magazine has a UK version as well, which IMMEDIATELY DISTANCED itself from its French counterpart, saying it would "like to make it clear that the two publications make entirely independent editorial decisions. In this respect the comments made by the Editor of the French edition which have reported in the media today do not reflect the opinions of Closer magazine UK."
"Closer magazine UK takes its obligations under the PCC Code extremely seriously and would never publish topless images of a member of the Royal family on its cover or otherwise."
This is the third time in less than a month a member of the royal family was caught in a photo scandal/ Prince Harry famously partied in the buff in Las Vegas and Prince Philip was caught in an upskirt moment when he wore a kilt (without underwear) to an event in Scotland.
- Revealed: Goodluck Jonathan secretly withdrew N500 billion from excess crude account
- Over 100 Captured Boko Haram Suspects Transferred to South East States
- Group fingers Wike, Mrs. Jonathan in N180bn UBEC fraud
- Boko Haram Scare: Anambra markets shut down
- Fraudulent Activities of Ms. Washima, Former SSA to Pres. Jonathan on Job Creation
- Buhari's priority is genocide-for-oil, not Boko Haram - Prof Chinweizu
- 42 killed in suspected Boko Haram attacks in Borno
- Buhari Warns Governors: Days Of Impunity And Fiscal Recklessness Are Over!
- Jonathan Left me an empty treasury - Buhari
- Buhari's Snail Speed; Naira Crashes in the Forex Market
- War against oil thieves: Buhari Orders Attacks in Akwa Ibom Creeks, Kills 350
- How Victor Umeh turned APGA into a personal ATM
- Buhari Denies Ordering Sale of 9 Presidential Jets
- Nigerian international kidnap ring smashed in Philippines
- Biogas Electricity: Viable alternative to improved power generation
- Obiano set to spend multi-million dollar component of Obi's savings for Anambra
- Senators, Reps to get N9 billion as wardrobe allowance
- Boko Haram: Buhari Orders Release of N4b to Joint Task Force
- Obasanjo, Tinubu, Danjuma, Atiku, Saraki nominate Buhari's Ministers
- Exposed: 8 Multi-billion Naira Fraud Cases against Bukola Saraki
- Freedom is not free, by Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky
- Nativists’ Dilemma: Kicking Ndigbo and their Yoruba families from Lagos, By Bayo Akinnagbe
- Our governor is calling us poor people, by Kenneth Uwadi
- Chibok girls forced, trained to fight for Boko Haram - BBC
- The madness has started; Buhari's Islamization of Nigeria?
- Does Wike need to ridicule the Supreme Court?  By Sam Eleanya
- Memo to Buhari: Orosanye report would save Nigeria N862 billion
- Onitsha Ado: The same old city, by Alinnor Arinze
- President Buhari's Address at Inauguration of National Economic Council Today
- National Assembly: A House Divided against Itself, by Joe Onwukeme
- Buhari's first thirty days in power; the vindictive landmarks
- Boko Haram Exchange: Is Gov Obiano Complicit? By Odera
- How I Outsmarted my opponents to Emerge Senate President - Saraki
- Arrears of Nigerian workers’ salaries, a sad commentary, by Don Ubani
- Amnesty International Has Compromised Core Values, by Olusegun Oyewole
- Breaking News: President Buhari Dissolves NNPC board
- Governor Okorocha, pay us our salaries and pension now, by Kenneth Uwadi
- Emerging Perspectives on Buhari, by Jideofor Adibe
- US-Nigeria extradition treaty: What the law says, a rejoinder, by Kallys Albert
- Nigeria, ECOWAS and ECCAS to agree on new date for summit on Boko Haram
- Mentioning Messi's name saved my life - Argentine kidnapped in Nigeria
- Amazing: 3 different Nigerians hold 100m sprint records for Africa, Asia and Europe
- Photonews: Buhari visits his cattle in Daura Saturday, 20 June 2015
- Kano Slash Salary and Allowance of Political Office Holders by 50 %
- Swedish Women National Team Coach Turns Down Falcons’ Offer
- Enyeama faces the hammer after castigating Kaduna Venue
- Warriors Are Champs; Win Second NBA Title in 40 Years
- U-20:Mali Drops Germany, Qualifies for Semis; Senegal also through
- NBA Finals: Warriors One Win From Title, Beat Cavaliers 104-91
- Light Dims on Super Falcons as they lose 0-2 to Australia
- Super Eagles beat Chad 2-0, start AFCON qualifying with victory
- Flying Eagles Crash Out of FIFA U-20 World Cup
- Women World Cup: Cameroon opens in 6-0 style at Ecuador’s expense
- FIFA U-20: Mali Drops Ghana 3-0; Qualifies for Q/Final
- Lagos APC calls on party to punish treacherous National Assembly members
- Women's World Cup: Nigeria hold Sweden in 3-3 thriller
- Women World Cup: Germany crushes Ivory Coast 10-0
- NBA Finals: Cavaliers Even Series, Prevailing 95-93 Over Warriors
- Nigeria’s Flying Eagles Mauls Hungary 2-0, Ready for Germany
- Barcelona wins champion's league, beats Juventus 3-1
- US Supreme Court backs use of lethal injection drug
- ECOWAS moves to eliminate street children syndrome in West Africa
- President Buhari Promises to Recover Nigeria's Stolen Billions
- June 26: Terrorists' Global ‘Day of Rage’, France, Tunisia, Kuwait Hit
- US Supreme Court rules gay marriage is legal nationwide
- Nigerian Homosexuals to Lead London March
- ECOWAS President Grants Audience to W/African Youth Leaders
- Pakistan heatwave: Death toll crosses 700 people in Sindh
- IS drowns, decapitates 'spies' in brutal new video
- ECOWAS to step up collaboration via “Council of Understanding”
- This is America's new $13 billion warship
- Nigeria World Bank Rep Pays Tributes to ECOWAS
- ICC is dangerous, S/Africa should withdraw - ANC leader
- ECOWAS to Eradicate Street Children in West Africa
- ECOWAS plans national workshop to educate Burkinabe women on gender, elections