- Written by Admin
Kate Middleton is furious over the release of topless pictures taken while on vacation with Prince William in France. and now the Royal Family is threatening to sue someone's ass over it. The pictures -- published by the French magazine Closer -- show Kate taking off her bikini top while hanging out with William last week at a chateau owned by the
Queen's nephew, Lord Linley.
Moments after the pic went public, the Royal Family issued a scathing statement ... saying "Their royal highnesses have been hugely saddened to learn that a French publication and a photographer have invaded their privacy in such a grotesque and totally unjustifiable manner."
In the statement, the Royal Fam said the incident is "reminiscent of the worst excesses of the press and paparazzi during the life of Diana, Princess of Wales" ... who died in a car crash while fleeing from the paparazzi in France back in 1997.
The Royal statement continued, "Their royal highnesses had every expectation of privacy in the remote house. It is unthinkable that anyone should take such photographs, let alone publish them."
"Officials acting on behalf of their royal highnesses are consulting with lawyers to consider what options may be available to the Duke and Duchess."
"The Duke and Duchess remain focused currently on their tour of Singapore, Malaysia, Solomon Islands and Tuvalu on behalf of the Queen."
Closer magazine has a UK version as well, which IMMEDIATELY DISTANCED itself from its French counterpart, saying it would "like to make it clear that the two publications make entirely independent editorial decisions. In this respect the comments made by the Editor of the French edition which have reported in the media today do not reflect the opinions of Closer magazine UK."
"Closer magazine UK takes its obligations under the PCC Code extremely seriously and would never publish topless images of a member of the Royal family on its cover or otherwise."
This is the third time in less than a month a member of the royal family was caught in a photo scandal/ Prince Harry famously partied in the buff in Las Vegas and Prince Philip was caught in an upskirt moment when he wore a kilt (without underwear) to an event in Scotland.
- Cameroon Pays High Price For Joining Boko Haram Fight
- Senate Confirms Appointment of Service Chiefs
- Photos: 178 captives freed from Boko Haram
- PDP staff carpets NWC: don't Use APC to cover your Corruption
- Buhari Moves Against Jonathan's aides, Seizes Abati, 12 others passports
- PDP is too Corrupt, NWC Extorted N1bn from Kogi governor, Wada, others to retain ticket
- UPDATE: Early Morning Blast Kills 5 in Maiduguri Market
- Oshiomhole Lied: Only the President Approves ECA Disbursement - Peter Obi
- In rebuke to Buhari, Obama meets Elumelu in Kenya
- Judiciary Is a Major Obstacle to Fight against Corruption - Chekwas Okorie
- President Buhari plans to split NNPC into two entities
- How President Obama disappointed Africa
- US Govt has ‘aided and abetted’ Boko Haram, says Buhari
- BREAKING: More than 40 feared dead after bomb blasts in Gombe bus terminus
- 100,000 Nigerians flee to Cameroon, Niger, as Boko Haram attack border towns - UNHCR
- Buhari asks Obama to help recover $150 Billion Nigeria Loot
- Secret Police Operations in Nigeria: The Rule of Law Is In Danger
- President Buhari will probe Jonathan's govt - Presidency Spokesman
- The Return of Presidential Dictatorship in Nigeria
- President Muhammadu Buhari, a sole administrator on the loose
- Between Buhari’s 'Good Governance' and Participatory Democracy - by Odimegwu Onwumere
- The "Corrupt Savior" and the mantra of change – by Fortizo Pen
- Climate Change and Health: Why We Can’t Wait Any Longer! - By Oladipupo Ajiroba
- Diezani Madueke, Oshiomhole and the stolen $6b oil revenue - by Obinna Akukwe
- Disaster management: Reflection on Abuja declaration - by Emmanuel Onwubiko
- NAFDAC: The Persecution of St. Paul - by Philip Agbese
- On the Aba military/police massacre of July 2015 - by Emmanuel Onwubiko
- Fight against Corruption: Let the Probes Begin - by Chukwudi Ohiri
- Response to Ahmed Aliyu on appointment of Lawal Daura as DG of DSS
- Adim Williams: The return of a theater aficionado - by FCC Jones
- A Senate of fools, blockheads, ignoramuses and idiots - by Bayo Oluwasanmi
- Imo Civil Servants' 5 Days Warning Strike: A Review - by Joseph Chimezie
- To your tents O South East? By Law Mefor
- Abia Election Tribunal: Spoliation and the quest for justice - by Nnanna Ijomah
- Still on the Power-Play between Okorocha and Imo Royal Fathers - by John Mgbe
- Can Igbo Play Opposition Politics in Nigeria for 10 Years? - By Igbokwe Joe
- The Labour Movement and the Politics of Change in Nigeria - by Ayuba Wabba
- Obingwa INEC arson: Climax of desperation - by Chinonyerem Abakwuo
- A very bad idea: Integrating the Fulani into modern day Nigeria
- Nigerian Youths: Everywhere but nowhere - by Joe Onwukeme
- Cristiano Ronaldo did soccer tricks for unsuspecting people while dressed as a bum
- Nigeria Unveils Sunday Oliseh as Super Eagles Coach
- Breaking News: Oliseh arrives Nigeria for un-veiling as new Super Eagles Coach
- Is Serena Williams the greatest women's tennis player of all time?
- Photonews: Speaker in Asaba to commission a private Altar
- Stephen Keshi’s Sack by NFF Is "Unsubstantial", says his Agent
- Nigeria: Your next plate of rice may cost more
- Mentioning Messi's name saved my life - Argentine kidnapped in Nigeria
- Amazing: 3 different Nigerians hold 100m sprint records for Africa, Asia and Europe
- Photonews: Buhari visits his cattle in Daura Saturday, 20 June 2015
- Kano Slash Salary and Allowance of Political Office Holders by 50 %
- Swedish Women National Team Coach Turns Down Falcons’ Offer
- Enyeama faces the hammer after castigating Kaduna Venue
- Warriors Are Champs; Win Second NBA Title in 40 Years
- U-20:Mali Drops Germany, Qualifies for Semis; Senegal also through
- NBA Finals: Warriors One Win From Title, Beat Cavaliers 104-91
- Light Dims on Super Falcons as they lose 0-2 to Australia
- Super Eagles beat Chad 2-0, start AFCON qualifying with victory
- Flying Eagles Crash Out of FIFA U-20 World Cup
- Women World Cup: Cameroon opens in 6-0 style at Ecuador’s expense
- Ebola vaccine heralded as 'potential game-changer'
- New multinational force chief pledges to crush Boko Haram 'very soon'
- Over 100 militants killed in anti-Boko Haram joint operation
- ECOWAS improvises measures for combating drug trafficking in W'Africa
- ECOWAS Reviews Strategy for ICT Growth and Development
- UK Prime Minister warns James Ibori: Britain is no home for your dirty money
- Barack Obama Becomes First U.S. President to Address the African Union
- Libya court sentences Gadhafi son to death for 2011 killings
- Whitney Houston's Daughter Dead at 22 after Nearly 7-Month Coma
- President Obama Reunites with Family in Kenya over Dinner
- European Regulators Approve of Malaria vaccine
- ECOWAS to review regional ICT strategy
- Stakeholders undertake to support implementation of the Kampala Convention
- ECOWAS pays tribute to Liberia’s Dr. Amos Sawyer
- Buhari to Obama: No to gay marriage - Presidency